Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big boy performance hunting gear, where to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big boy performance hunting gear, where to look?

We finally have a northern NM elk lined up. I have a ton of hunting gear. But want to get some better light weight rain gear and good wicking gear. KUIU only goes to XXL. Is there a performance clothing line that covers 3XL or 3XLT? Im 6'3 300-330 and looking for some breathable rain light weight rain gear and maybe some rain resistant pants that breath good and flex but durable. I just know the last thing I want to do is get in the mountains and be miserable because of the elements or be sweating like crazy because my current gear doesn't breath and wick good enough.

Sitka. I’m a fat kid and I’ve put a jacket or 2 of theirs on

Maybe pnuma, haven’t looked at their sizes but they look like good stuff

Comment

Take a look at Sitka, I have buddy about your size if not larger and he almost only wears sitka.

Comment

One of the reasons why I stopped buying First Lite. Most of their stuff stops at 2XL. Sitka has been solid. Have UA Revenant line that is pretty good and goes to 3XL.

Comment

I really like the Pnuma Line. I’m 6’8 340 and their stuff fits me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by East_Texas View Post

Goodness gracious. I bet not too many people disagree with you. A wall of a man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              Goodness gracious. I bet not too many people disagree with you. A wall of a man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No sir, but my wife doesn’t have a problem with it. Lol

Comment

You're going to sweat like crazy even if you ran up and down the mountains nekkid. Nature of the hunt LOL

All the brands suggested are awesome. Personally I have FL, but I am no where near your size. If you can get light weight wool, go for it. It's crazy how good it does as neutralizing smell. Sitka doesn't do as well with smells.

Comment

I have never understand why an industry that is filled with big guys does not do a good job in the bigger sizes. Some places have XXL and ***L, but they are still an athletic cut.

Comment

First lights rain gear will fit. So will the XXL base layers.

Comment

Originally posted by East_Texas View Post

Note to self......never **** this man off.

Comment

Kings camouflage clothing and performance hunting gear is designed by hunters, for hunters. Get high-quality gear designed for when, where, and how you hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Note to self......never **** this man off.
                          No joke.

Comment

Working...
                          X