Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is mRNA and why should we trust it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pope View Post
    I want to block this **** thing from reproducing and having the chance to infect others who are not healthy like me or give it a chance to reproduce.
    They have openly admitted that the vaccine does not prevent infection from, or transmission of, the virus. All it does is reduce reaction severity leading to fewer hospitalizations and/or deaths. It will creat asymptomatic carriers in mass.

Why should I get the jab if it will leave me as a part of the transmission population, and I am not in a risk category for the severe reaction. There is no carrot for them to dangle for me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      People with lupus take hydroxychloroquine.

That perhaps is a treatment, but it doesn’t prevent you from getting the disease.

The vaccines have proven to prevent you from getting the disease.. AND... drastically lower your risk of severe disease if you do get it.
      This shot has not been proven to prevent you from getting covid and your experts have already stated that several times. It will hopefully lessen your symptoms if you do get it.

Comment

Calling anyone an “anti-vaxer”, a term coined for people that challenge established science of decades to a century, because they are skeptical of a novel vaccine created in months using technology not approved for humans is some real low digit IQ thinking.

There are people that have weighed all the available information through a jungle of mis information from the media and politicians and weighed that against their perceived risk of Covid have decided the potential risk IS WORTH it.

There are people that have weighed all the available information through a jungle of mis information from the media and politicians and weighed that against their perceived risk of Covid have decided the potential risk IS NOT WORTH it.

Nothing wrong with either decision unless you are telling people you KNOW something to be TRUE. That goes in both directions.
        Last edited by Ætheling; 05-02-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Lets just say the vaccine is 100% a success. My question is - Why did certain people block the use of medications that by theory would have prevented 400k deaths? We are told to take a vaccine that has no approval or history yet prevent from taking a medication that is approved and has a history of humans taking it older than anyone reading this. Why is one available as an option now and given away at every WalMart and the other is very hard to get? Why if - someone in your family died from this virus why were they not given a chance to take this proven medication? I guess for some they dont ask because its not on the 6 o’clock news. Me- I ask these questions but seems everyone avoids the answer
          Last edited by glen; 05-02-2021, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Lets just say the vaccine is 100% a success. My question is - Why did certain people block the use of medications that by theory would have prevented 400k deaths? We are told to take a vaccine that has no approval or history yet prevent from taking a medication that is approved and has a history of humans taking it older than anyone reading this. Why is one available as an option now and given away at every WalMart and the other is very hard to get? Why if - someone in your family died from this virus why were they not given a chance to take this proven medication? I guess for some they dont ask because its not on the 6 o’clock news. Me- I ask these questions but seems everyone avoids the answer
            We know the answer Glen and they know the answer. THEY just dont like saying it. Always follow the money.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              This shot has not been proven to prevent you from getting covid and your experts have already stated that several times. It will hopefully lessen your symptoms if you do get it.
              It’s like 95% effective at preventing you from getting Covid. (Pfizer and Moderna)

Comment

I hope a bat and armadillo had relations and this is all a terrible accident from that unholy union.

I fear that an opportunity to sink the economy (and president) and approve a pharmaceutical worth billions (trillions?) was just too irresistible.

Comment

It’s like 95% effective at preventing you from getting Covid. (Pfizer and Moderna)
                  Or 95% reduction in symptoms? I'm confused on this point

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                    Or 95% reduction in symptoms? I'm confused on this point
                    Exactly...it's not a traditional vaccine that keeps you from catching it. It's gene manipulation that tricks your body into disregarding any infection. That is why 'they' are insisting the mask & SD be kept in place. There is no end game.

Comment

Not exactly true.

They defined “getting covid” as a positive test AND at least one symptom.

If someone tested positive but didn’t have any symptoms they are included in the 95%.

I don’t really understand why they would characterize it that way unless the numbers would have been **** otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                        Not exactly true.

If someone tested positive but didn’t have any symptoms they are included in the 95%.

I don’t really understand why they would characterize it that way unless the numbers would have been **** otherwise.
                        My Dr. told me that the vaccine was 85-95% effective in preventing covid from making me sick enough to need any kind of medical treatment. And 100% effective in preventing death from covid. Said nothing about me being able to carry the virus or testing positive. If it is 95% effective at preventing the virus from making a person ill enough to need any treatment, then there will be a relatively large number who may test positive (if they are tested) who will never show any symptoms. A pretty good claim for a vaccine.

Comment

Softpoint- Same can be said for People who suffer from Lupus and take HCQ. But that medication has been used for about 100 years with known side effects and testing and cost less than a daily multi-vitamin.

Comment

So I'm confused now. The vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting or spreading the virus? But it does keep you from getting seriously ill from it? If that is the case, then isn't it just a pre-treatment and not an actual vaccine?? The age of information certainly is anything but....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                              It is the technology behind being able to make this at scale and we haven’t had this. mRNA vaccines will likely be a go to for other diseases as well, but it is not a silver bullet either. You have to have traditional vaccines similar to J&J to use in countries with poorer infrastructures which can’t store the vaccines at -80 until they can be thawed for use. There will alway be problem.
                              There are not any long term studies I am aware of or at least large scales studies. They have been studied for a long time since we knew how to do it, but not to the scale needed for production. I’m not a biomedical engineer, but I would assume with some reasonable certainty that there was little reason to use it on flu with labs in place to produce what it needed in a traditional way. The investment wasn’t warranted. You can bet that that with these investments being made now, it’ll be used for others. It is too simple not to use it with the ability to produce it now.
                              I wouldn’t expect any long term problems, at least not from the mRNA itself. The molecule has such a short half life and is fragile as frog hair. It breaks down if you look at it wrong. Someone who had a severe reaction to it may have a long term effect from whatever response they had to it, but IDK.
                              As far as it goes for why someone should take it with a disease with such a high survival rate, I think of it in a few ways.
                              First, let’s say 99.5% is the survival rate. That is 1 in 200 dying in the total population. Have 1 in 200 had problems with the vaccine? No.
                              Mortality is a lot higher depending on someone’s demographic and I don’t want to be the person who infects someone else. I want to block this **** thing from reproducing and having the chance to infect others who are not healthy like me or give it a chance to reproduce. My great-grandparents raised my grandparents in the great-depression and dust bowl. Everyone rationed and helped one another to get through that. Those children (my grandparents) they raised, signed up and fought Japanese and Germans in WWII and my great-grandparents stayed behind to buy war bonds and ration again for good of us all. My great-grandfather taught me a man if only as good as how he treats the least of us. My family did it for us and my neighbors.
                              The data does show it is working with infection rates falling. I’m so sick of this past year. As far as masks, I am done with them outside of work. I’m vaccinated and not wearing them despite the advisories. Been a long ****ty year and I’m tired of it like everyone else. I have not seen data that shows people who are vaccinated can spread the disease. I have seen people can still pick it up and test positive without illness. I suspect, but I don’t know, they have very low viral loads and with memory B cells are clearing the viruses very quick. I don’t worry I will spread anything to my elderly neighbors or the public.
                              I am focused on fishing the post-spawn now! I have to run to get some work done to fish after l have lunch with the family.

The "data", shows it's working, and a success, lololololol.
                              Surely you jest
                              The data has definitely convinced me to the point, I know with certainty, I want nothing to do with the vaccine.
                              Especially when you consider Glenn's point(that's conveniently ignored), about denying medicine that would have saved lives.
                              Where's all that "data" from your expert side of things?
                              Looking back I can't find any post where you were advocating HCQ, (which has a lot of "data" behind it) to save lives.
                              After all, millions and millions are dying according to the "data" right?
                              "data" & deez seem like they would go well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                                Not exactly true.

Uhhh... positive for antibodies...

Comment

Working...
                                X