Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is mRNA and why should we trust it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Encinal- what is the problem with fighting the illness with medications that have proven highly effective if given early? I dont get flu vaccination but get to the Dr quickly and get Tamaflu.

Folks should be angry over not treating if anything. Effects of vaccine are not known- give me a 10 year trial on any Mrna vaccine and humans- Its been around since the 1970s

Do some digging and explain this to me. People that have Lupus have a poor immune system. They are treated with a certain medication. People with Lupus do not get severe Covid. What medication are they taking for their condition that combats Covid?
    People with lupus take hydroxychloroquine.

That perhaps is a treatment, but it doesn’t prevent you from getting the disease.

The vaccines have proven to prevent you from getting the disease.. AND... drastically lower your risk of severe disease if you do get it.

Comment

It absolutely is not proven in any form as the long term human trials are ongoing as we speak...I hope the research proves as much, but to make claims it is safe long term is foolish when you have thousands of short term / immediate adverse reactions. Remember, only a fraction of people understand there is even a vaers available, but seems to be catching on.

Comment

I don’t buy first year model vehicles and I’m going to do my best to avoid a first year model vaccine. But if I were elderly/higher risk and hadn’t already had the virus I imagine I’d look at it differently and consider it.

Comment

Lots of serious diseases were virtually wiped out by vaccines many years ago. Before the internet came along and made vaccines less effective...

Comment

Ran across this which supports all the other percentages I've seen...for me, I just don't see any reason just like I don't take the flu shot (which has not been 'fixed' with these miracle mrna's...why isn't that being questioned??)

I'll throw my faith into therapeutics for corona / sars / covid type cooties...you are not getting immunized with this jab, it will be forever ongoing like the flu. Covid is not the plague.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

Fact of the matter is, it is far less risky to get the vaccine than not to get it.
              No one knows this to be true yet....no one. Only time will tell what the risks to each were.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

So if folks being treated for Lupus have very little chances of getting a virus and or having a serious case of the virus because they are taking a medication- why did the Government allow so many to die and why this cheap medication that has been given to humans for many generations not made available to the masses? And why are the people that lost loved ones or that had a serious bout of this virus not demanding answers? It makes me sick to think that people are allowed to perish and suffer because of the money$. If im wrong answer the above questions

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                  Antivaxers and young earthers all on one thread? Always nice to be reminded this sort of ignorance is out there.
                  I'm not an anti-vaxxer per se. But I'm high risk (over 65). And I take offense at being called ignorant! I have looked @ this and researched it from the beginning and have decided to not get the vaccine. The science is new and not exactly proven. All the lies spouted by politicians and "medical experts" have given me a reason to think and look into it seriously.
                  There are proven remedies, not preventative, that have been proven effective against the disease, but were touted as totally ineffective and probably fatal to the users, by people who had lots to gain monetarily. Myself and the wife have taken HCQ, the wife for 9 months,with no ill effects. And there are lots of other medications that have proven effective against it, but again are outlawed or pshawed by "people in the know".
                  Lots of propaganda out there about this disease and the "cures" and lots of money to be made. That is why I chose not to take the vaccine. Lots of BS about it gives me pause as who to believe. That and the fact that I have survived for over a year of the "pandemic" by doing my due diligence and just keeping on with life and not worrying about what others think. It's my life!
                  Moral of this story is that most of the people who have chosen not to wear masks and take the vaccine are not ignorant, but informed people. Choose your words wisely!
                  Last edited by locolobo; 05-01-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

The Dunning-Kruger effect is all over this thread.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	29E11F02-1381-4D56-9684-F5DA90B86755.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	24650004

.....they’ve been working on this for years and the dude was right, they won’t even have to force it on people. I’m 100% sure I’ll die someday, but I’m 1000% sure it won’t be from this vaccine.....to each his own, but not for me or my family.
                      Last edited by RLB; 05-01-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        Good breakdown, thank you. Can you help me understand why people are having a some what severe reactions to the vaccine? And why you need 2 rounds of it, hearing that a good amount of healthy people are getting their tails kicked with the second dose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I’m not sure why some are having more severe reactions to the vaccines than others. I always appreciate having a immune response to vaccines so I know they activate my immune system. In my mind of minds, I know my immune system is responding whether I feel it or not, but it i feel better when I am feeling “cruddy” the following day, which brings me to my second point.
                        Your immune system has something called memory. Think of it like, “trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me.”
                        When I was a kid, the high school and middle school bus would drop us off on the same county road. When I started riding the middle school bus the first week, the high school boys caught us and wore our asses out. We had no idea it was coming. The next time, we were wiser, but not enough to know much better until the second time. After that, once we hit the county road we knew it was time to stack hands and fight back if their bus had already dropped them off or high tail it if they hadn’t. We remembered and had our act together.
                        During an infection, you will produce some memory B cells which remain in your lymphatic and circulatory system. They are short lived cells unless you have a severe or repeated infection. The second infection can cause these cells to linger for months to years, depending on how strong of a reaction you have to the pathogen, like a virus. Many vaccines require boosters to get a “good memory.”
                        The graph below shows you how a second exposure will help maintain that memory. This is why I like having a physical response to vaccines I take. I know the response is building memory with B cells.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Pope...why hasn't mrna cured the world (proved it's worthiness) of such similar cooties like the common flu / cold / swine / etc over all this time & it's now all the sudden a miracle cure for C19 we should blindly trust??

Can you please share any long term human mrna test studies to support your confidence these jabs are a big solid down the road when allthewhile we have many bad short term adverse reactions on vaers?? I'm hoping you are correct, but doubt you have any 411 as the long term human case studies are currently ongoing & yet to be determined...am I misinformed on this aspect??

Why is it a bad option for me to opt out of this vacs with a 99.5 survival rate?? With all these facts, Can you please explain why the media/public has criticized me for my risk vs reward choice as being morally wrong?? I'm trying to understand why you think these vacs are great when there is no proof they are even working & the WHO says as much without the continued BS mask wearing & social distancing!!

Comment

Not posting these to convince you that the vaccine is without risk but that mRNA has been studied for a long long time. Long before anyone on Facebook began spreading accusations of population control. Totally get it if you don’t think COVID is risky enough to get the vaccine, no problem. But for those basing decisions not to get the vaccine due to distrusting the government about mRNA, that’s just not in line with what science has been doing for decades . At a minimum, we at least know that 4 years of testing with mRNA for cancer research (last link) has not shut down the use of mRNA as a mechanism due to safety.

BioNTech has published results from the first clinical trial for an mRNA-based individualized cancer vaccine with the potential to target all tumor types.

Here’s a clinical trial for cancer treatment that began in 2017.

It seems like some of the skepticism is using the same mentality that the Woke movement uses, where no matter the situation, evidence, etc. there is a twist to lead back to the desired conclusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              So if folks being treated for Lupus have very little chances of getting a virus and or having a serious case of the virus because they are taking a medication- why did the Government allow so many to die and why this cheap medication that has been given to humans for many generations not made available to the masses? And why are the people that lost loved ones or that had a serious bout of this virus not demanding answers? It makes me sick to think that people are allowed to perish and suffer because of the money$. If im wrong answer the above questions

Seems like these questions are overlooked and never answered. It has been things like this that give me pause about most Covid related things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is the technology behind being able to make this at scale and we haven’t had this. mRNA vaccines will likely be a go to for other diseases as well, but it is not a silver bullet either. You have to have traditional vaccines similar to J&J to use in countries with poorer infrastructures which can’t store the vaccines at -80 until they can be thawed for use. There will alway be problem.
                                There are not any long term studies I am aware of or at least large scales studies. They have been studied for a long time since we knew how to do it, but not to the scale needed for production. I’m not a biomedical engineer, but I would assume with some reasonable certainty that there was little reason to use it on flu with labs in place to produce what it needed in a traditional way. The investment wasn’t warranted. You can bet that that with these investments being made now, it’ll be used for others. It is too simple not to use it with the ability to produce it now.
                                I wouldn’t expect any long term problems, at least not from the mRNA itself. The molecule has such a short half life and is fragile as frog hair. It breaks down if you look at it wrong. Someone who had a severe reaction to it may have a long term effect from whatever response they had to it, but IDK.
                                As far as it goes for why someone should take it with a disease with such a high survival rate, I think of it in a few ways.
                                First, let’s say 99.5% is the survival rate. That is 1 in 200 dying in the total population. Have 1 in 200 had problems with the vaccine? No.
                                Mortality is a lot higher depending on someone’s demographic and I don’t want to be the person who infects someone else. I want to block this **** thing from reproducing and having the chance to infect others who are not healthy like me or give it a chance to reproduce. My great-grandparents raised my grandparents in the great-depression and dust bowl. Everyone rationed and helped one another to get through that. Those children (my grandparents) they raised, signed up and fought Japanese and Germans in WWII and my great-grandparents stayed behind to buy war bonds and ration again for good of us all. My great-grandfather taught me a man if only as good as how he treats the least of us. My family did it for us and my neighbors.
                                The data does show it is working with infection rates falling. I’m so sick of this past year. As far as masks, I am done with them outside of work. I’m vaccinated and not wearing them despite the advisories. Been a long ****ty year and I’m tired of it like everyone else. I have not seen data that shows people who are vaccinated can spread the disease. I have seen people can still pick it up and test positive without illness. I suspect, but I don’t know, they have very low viral loads and with memory B cells are clearing the viruses very quick. I don’t worry I will spread anything to my elderly neighbors or the public.
                                I am focused on fishing the post-spawn now! I have to run to get some work done to fish after l have lunch with the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X