X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines in the mud room. Drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you sure they aren’t on a switch in the fame room? Assuming they used to work? 120 from breaker terminal to neutral is 120? Might tighten both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hey all. Quick update -

All outlets checked out except for the same 6. The only thing I have not done yet is get into the attic to see where the junction is.

I am just riding on the impression that these are gfci'd because it is the room closest to the garage and has outside walls. My previous home had gfci in the living room too (which was interesting).

Going to get a kit to isolate wth is going down, so thank you all for the insight and recs.

Hopping on the shredder now because surely I can't mess that one up.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Laundry room. Mine is in the middle of my house but all exterior outlets are connected to it. It took me forever to find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the panel box is labeled correctly and most aren't, turn off the appropriate breaker. Sometimes the breaker is tripped internal and not external, which would lead you to believe they're all on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              I went through this last year and an electrician buddy ended up finding it wired into the henway. He was very confused about that.
              Those dadgum henways trip every single time

Comment

This may be a long shot but have you checked the garage door opener outlets?

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                  May not be a gfci the the electrician may have stabbed the wires instead of using the screws on that outlet.
                  Pull it out and see if one of the wires worked its way out

About half of the electrical problems I check out are this issue
                  That is what I was thinking. How do you know it's a GFCI if you can't find one tripped?

BTW, I hate stablocks and they ought to be outlawed. The kind that have screw clamps or ok tho.

Comment

Willing to bet it’s another issue. Use the volt meter snd see if you have voltage from hot to ground. It’s possible you lost neutral. Also check to see if you have continuity between neutral and ground. If so you can assume you lost hot. Open the switches up that are working and see if a connect came loose there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a light fixture over garage that is not switched. I thought it was and pulled it off..arcing the wires. I could not get power back to it no matter what i tried. All breakers were on. I called an electrician out and they were stumped. After a while and checking every outlet, we narrowed it down to one wire pulled free from an outlet in my finished attic. Completely unrelated other than being on that circuit. The arcing of the fixture wire jolted the system enough to let the one wire pull out of the outlet down stream on the circuit. I've never heard of such a thing but they had seen it before, though it is apparently rare.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm betting on loose neutral, but also check over by your a/c condenser - sometimes there is a service plug with a GFCI on it.

Comment

Check where your garbage disposal and/or dish washer plugs in.

Comment

Any chance you have a jetted tub? I had the same issue and found the one tripped under the tub where the motor plugged into a GFCI.

Comment

Not an electrician by any means... I had an issue sort of like this. It drove me nuts. Wound up being the actual wire going to the receptacle inside of its housing had broken. So the actual copper inside the black or white wire had broken and caused one to trip. I dunno. All looked fine to me like everything was ok. My neighbor had the same issue and helped me track it down. Just a suggestion. I dunno

Comment

The last few suggestions are good ones to check. Is there any chance you have a soffit outlet that you don't know about, like for Christmas lights?

Comment

Working...
                                X