No announcement yet.

GFCI....where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, none in closets or bathrooms that are connecting back to this game room.

Good question on the stab vs screw but all 6 outlets are screwed on with connections.

It is localized to just these 6 wall outlets - lights and fans in room work.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I went through this last year and an electrician buddy ended up finding it wired into the henway. He was very confused about that.
      That regulation / code didn't last very long because of all the frustration it causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I went through this last year and an electrician buddy ended up finding it wired into the henway. He was very confused about that.
        You too Chew? Dangdest thing I ever saw that Henway.

To the OP, time to check every plug in the house

Comment

check inside bathrooms and under kitchen sink cabinet

Comment

Why do you think it's on gfi?

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
              So far, none in closets or bathrooms that are connecting back to this game room.

Good question on the stab vs screw but all 6 outlets are screwed on with connections.

It is localized to just these 6 wall outlets - lights and fans in room work.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
              Go check your fuse box, see if they’re marked as to exactly what they serve. There could be one outlet in a random location that you wouldn’t think would be associated but the GFCI is tripped, causing everything else to go out.

Happened to us a couple of years ago. One of the garage outlets was tied in with something else and wouldn’t work, yet the garage door opened was in with something else and never stopped working.

Comment

Maybe behind some shelves or a free-standing cabinet in the garage? That's where we found my Dad's mystery tripper that went to all his outside plugs.

Comment

I'd be testing all the plugs and then resetting them to see if one of the plugs just isn't working properly.. assuming you haven't been doing this as you go.

Comment

Just because a breaker reads voltage through it doesn't mean it is allowing flow/amps through it.

Comment

I wouldn't think they would be on a gfci. They aren't outside. They aren't near a sink, bathtub or shower. Not in attic or garage.
                      The home is 10 years old. They wouldn't need to be on an afci.

Comment

Check the bar if it has a sink, below the panel box. Open one plug and see if wires are stabbed on the back? Is it a open hot or neutral?

Comment

Not sure why receptacles in a game room would need to be on a GFI. Sounds like it’s possible that you lost a neutral on a circuit in that room.

Comment

I would look in the attic to see if they are all tied in to a junction box and see if a wire has come loose. Also see if they run to anything else or do they make the home run from there.

Comment

Is your breaker panel mounted to the outside your home? If so check all the breakers there.

Comment

Amprobe wire tracer kit will tell you exactly where your issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X