• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know we made 6 barrels today...
    Month starting out strong

tending the fire,
    Bob G.

Comment

I got a call to come back to work today. I had decided to retire and hang it up @ 62, but I went ahead and told them I would come back. I already got a nice severance package when I was laid off on 9-3-20 and have good insurance thru wife`s job. I decided to try it for a few more months and if I liked retirement more than a paycheck I would tell them see-ya. My wife wasn`t happy that I was going to go back to work at all(she`s retired). Never thought it would upset her as much as it did for me to want a job. I really liked my job when I was laid off and I assured her if I wasn`t just as happy this time I would walk after a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        That’s a positive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Oklahoma for sure.. been pretty sad up here... I don’t know how the service companies have survived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Going up!!
          Not down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Checking in from the marketing side..

Lots of lay-offs and strategy changes still occurring. Overall price is showing strength right now and investment into new drills has been ramping back up albeit a lot tougher and lengthier process to secure funding. We are being propped up by Russian and Saudi curtailment right now, later this year feels a bit pessimistic.

I've survived 3 different rounds of layoffs in the last year, hoping I can continue surviving. We have a big meeting that was just announced today with the CEO (whom I have never heard from or seen in the 7+ years I have been here).. got us all feeling a bit spooked. Hopefully it is a good thing instead of the alternative. Keep up the good fight, gents.

Comment

Looking good!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
                Checking in from the marketing side..

Lots of lay-offs and strategy changes still occurring. Overall price is showing strength right now and investment into new drills has been ramping back up albeit a lot tougher and lengthier process to secure funding. We are being propped up by Russian and Saudi curtailment right now, later this year feels a bit pessimistic.

I've survived 3 different rounds of layoffs in the last year, hoping I can continue surviving. We have a big meeting that was just announced today with the CEO (whom I have never heard from or seen in the 7+ years I have been here).. got us all feeling a bit spooked. Hopefully it is a good thing instead of the alternative. Keep up the good fight, gents.

Thanks for your updates

TD

Comment

Drilformance has had some turnover recently (as a few folks have left for greener pastures), which indicates that companies are ramping up as oil prices stabilize.) We are looking to hire some technical sales and applications engineers, mainly in Midland but possibly in the Houston area as well.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Rig count was up 13 last week and up 28 in the last 3 weeks. Slowly but surely will be better than all at once. I have been off for 7 months and had planned on retiring after being laid off, but I am headed back into the shop next Monday. Don`t know if I`m doing the right thing or not. A friend of mine told me once that some people wait to long to retire. We`ll see.

Comment

Things are looking good on the downhole motor part side, we have gotten to a point where we are "steady" and have hired a bunch of folks back.

Most happy to be back in my customers shops and talking to them about the future, being a stuck at home sales guy for the past year almost has been terrible for the mental frame.

Comment

I turned in my notice yesterday. I decided I can stay and be miserable or quit and see what happens, my coworker followed suit. I will be self employed come June 1st.
                        Last edited by doublearrow; 04-09-2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                          I turned in my notice yesterday. I decided I can stay and be miserable or quit and see what happens, my coworker followed suit. Will be self employed come June 1st.
                          What will y’all be doing?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            What will y’all be doing?
                            Coworker isnt sure. He may semi retire may find something else.
                            I will be fulltime knifemaking/blacksmithing. And selling plants from our grow room we started this year.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                              Coworker isnt sure. He may semi retire may find something else.
                              I will be fulltime knifemaking/blacksmithing. And selling plants from our grow room we started this year.
                              Gotcha. Best of luck man!

Comment

We can’t keep people offshore. I quit learning names cause seems like I have a knew crew every hitch. Good people we used to have won’t come back for fear of getting layed off again.

The young guys we get are weak and don’t have an ounce of put out in them. They just stand there hoping someone else will jump in and do the work for them. I literally watched these guys use a tugger to move a set of 6 5/8 slips 10’ across the floor.

Plus we have this quarantine thing we have to do and that’s a game stopper for potential employees. Hoping they do away with this with more folks taking the vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                                X