Will Shaka survive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simek View Post
    Thanks to you and the Horn for your in depth analysis. I suppose my disbelief was rooted in Beard ties to West Texas and his general appearance of being at home in Lubbock. Naivety on my part. I realize money talks and also realize his former relationship with the University. Again, best of luck to Beard and congrats to UT for getting a solid coach (and likely staff and players).
    Meh. I hope he falls on his face. Just a couple years ago, he signed a 6 year extension. Things were finally looking nice at Tech athletics and fans were getting used to be a basketball school. 2 years after signing that contract, he leaves. I guess that's the way it is in this world of instant gratification, but Lubbock holds to more of an old school way of thinking on that matter. Lubbock will hate him, maybe even more than Mayfield or Tuberville. He was a bright spot in the desert and will be missed, but I hope he flounders terribly at Texas. A man that will break his contract like that and just jump ship to a rival school doesn't deserve the support of a throwback town like Lubbock. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
      Meh. I hope he falls on his face. Just a couple years ago, he signed a 6 year extension. Things were finally looking nice at Tech athletics and fans were getting used to be a basketball school. 2 years after signing that contract, he leaves. I guess that's the way it is in this world of instant gratification, but Lubbock holds to more of an old school way of thinking on that matter. Lubbock will hate him, maybe even more than Mayfield or Tuberville. He was a bright spot in the desert and will be missed, but I hope he flounders terribly at Texas. A man that will break his contract like that and just jump ship to a rival school doesn't deserve the support of a throwback town like Lubbock. Just my two cents.

Are you new to this?

If he’d missed the tournament 3 years running they’d have fired him in a heartbeat, contract or not.

Quit with the sanctimonious BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Little slow today
        What?

Comment

But you were cool with him when he took the job at UNLV and then bolted for Tech a week later?

Comment

Lots of folks resign from contracts for better opportunities/new positions. Business, sports, and education just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              But you were cool with him when he took the job at UNLV and then bolted for Tech a week later?

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tech fan cant ever have anything nice. What a kick to the nuts!

Comment

Ooooops..... good ol boys and stuff! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

No doubt, 3 weeks into a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Those million dollar homes in the hills overlooking Lake Travis had some pull.

I bet "my river" was the deal closer.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Can’t be true, Texas ain’t gonna pay the basketball coach more than the football coach. This ain’t Kansas, bruh...

Comment

Horn got the ol' Rolodex out! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Horn got the ol' Rolodex out! LOL!

Thank you for lending it to us!![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Thank you for lending it to us!![emoji23][emoji23]
                            It's fun, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Can’t be true, Texas ain’t gonna pay the basketball coach more than the football coach. This ain’t Kansas, bruh...

Lol.

The first part I was merely asking a question.

Basketball will still be second fiddle at Texas. It isn't at Kansas. Plus we haven't seen the contract details yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Time for all the hardcore "Longhorn Fans" to roll down to the local Walmart and buy a new tshirt!

Comment

Working...
                                X