No announcement yet.

Beware Costa sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI Costa Del Mar, Maui Jim, and Native are all run by the same warranty company.

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
      maui jim has 100x better customer service and repairs than costa. I am done with costas.
      My experience with Maui has been the exact same as it was with Costa. Total crap. I'll be trying something else next time I buy some glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
        FYI Costa Del Mar, Maui Jim, and Native are all run by the same warranty company.
        Didn't see this until after I posted but it makes total sense to me. I'm thinking of trying some Smith's next go round.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
          So what's the extra $150 buying?

Marketing and status......

A good pair of polarized sunglasses with impact resistant lenses can be obtained for far less than Costa, MJ, etc.
          Last edited by wellingtontx; 03-29-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
            $20 walmart sunglasses, less concern, less worries, no rants lol.
            No problem with this approach at all, but if you use them to sight cast to fish then these probably won’t fit the bill.

Comment

Same. Had a huge issue w Costa back in 2009 ish that I posted about on 2coolfishing. Same general issue as you. Ended up w a high level rep calling me personally and fixing them. I still have those, Fathom 580s.

Bought a few pairs since then that dont last longer than 6 months or so before the glass delaminates or the rubber disintegrates. Im a ray-ban feller now

Comment

Same thing happened to a buddy last week.

Comment

Pugs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    100% agree, I like my costa , but I have Rx lenses, and am willing to pay when I do something stupid like running them over or not having straps on them and they fall off or blow off
                    My optometrist carry them to so easy adjusting and repair
                    Tuna ally in offshore blue

For Rx sunglasses https://www.sportrx.com/shopby/produ...unglasses.html
                    Warranty is only 2 years now on Rx glasses. It’s BS because they use the same frames that supposedly have a lifetime warranty. Was just turned down for replacement to the nose pieces on my Tuna Alleys that I bought 5 years ago. Lifetime warranty is now useless.

Comment

That’s crazy. My fan tails of 6 years finally lost the rubber. Sent back on their dime and they tell me they were discontinued but would replace with plastic lenses for free. They came in I took them to academy and paid the 30 dollar difference to get glass lenses. When these crap out I’m gonna switch brands too waiting to see the general consensus on what’s what now.

Comment

Yup, that’s their MO now. New upper mgmt and no more customer service. No more prescription costas for me either.

Comment

Would have never come to some of this if so many people didn’t abuse the service to begin with.

How many people lied about why they had lense issues or how rough they were causing finish issues compared to actual defects you think? I bet actual defects were a way lower number but the cost for repair and replacement would eat into their numbers. I don’t blame them

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                            $20 walmart sunglasses, less concern, less worries, no rants lol.
                            I'm in on this!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              No problem with this approach at all, but if you use them to sight cast to fish then these probably won’t fit the bill.
                              Thousands of reds, snook, tarpon and trout would disagree that they don't work.

Used them for years as a guide in Florida bay, also had Costas to use, they were often free. Liked the cheap ones better. Some of the cheap ones have lenses just as good, if not better.

Comment

Costa, never again. Around $200 for a set of shades that don’t last makes no sense to me. I don’t care what their warranty is or was.

I have (had) 2 pair. Both fell apart inside of two years. Literally case-face-case use. No abuse, no drops, nothing. Gave my first pair to my youngest brother and he did have them warrantied around August of last year. I told him Happy Birthday and to keep them.

Been running a set of Oakley’s that were being run for around 50% off at the time 3 years ago. They’ve been dropped several times and sit on my sun visor when I’m not wearing them. For $55 and that kind of duration, I’ll stick with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X