Beware Costa sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware Costa sunglasses

I have worn Costas Del Mar sunglasses for probably close to 20 years ( I have 4 pairs, 2 of which I wear daily). Over the years things happen, whether its the products fault or mine. I have always had a great experience when I have had to have any service or warranty work done to them, until now.

I was at a friend's daughters birthday party and one of the kids knocked them off of me on accident (my fault). One of the lens cracked (580G) so I needed to send them in and have new lenses put in, which cost me $80 when I broke a lens one other time. Also, the finish was coming off the frames, which is a product defect and Costa has always replaced the frames under warranty and did not cost me anything (I have had to send in Costas several times over the years for warranty work).

So I filled out the info through www.costadelmar.com and sent them pics of the frame defect and of the cracked lens. Their response was that my sunglasses were out of warranty, but they would sell me a new pair for $196.26.

They did the exact same thing to one of my friends.

I am done with Costa.

Everyone be very careful with your Costa because if something happens to your sunglasses this will probably happen to you.

What brand are you switching too?

Comment

how old are the frames with bad finish?

Comment

I had to do the same thing within the last year or so. I believe it was because they didn't make the frame or lens style anymore so they gave me a discount on another pair.

Comment

Same happened to me. Said the product was out of warranty and offered a certain percent off new ones if ordered through the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            What brand are you switching too?
            Time to switch to pit vipers
            Pit Viper. The Optimal Blend of Style and Performance. Made for a rugged and outgoing lifestyle. Just see what they can do for you.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-29-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

They used to be a lot better on the warranty or doing warranty work but seems they have tightened up a lot. I sent some 10 year old Maui Jim's in for scratched lens and bent frame recently and they fixed it all for free and set them back in a new case in under 3 weeks and gave me a coupon for $30 off my next purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                Time to switch to pit vipers
                https://pitvipersunglasses.com/
                LOL ."The future of sunglasses" LMAO. 1984 called.

Get some glacier glasses and be done with it.

Comment

Costa sold out to the parent company of Sunglass Hut. Their product and warranty isn't what it used to be. My wife and I warrantied items few months ago. Once you get their online portal offer you can call and complain to the folks down in Florida and can usually make it right. They will change the order and contact corporate warehouse. Prepare to wait a half an hour to reach someone though.

Comment

They have gone downhill....I sent in a pair of glasses with 580G lenses and they couldn't repair so they offered a replacement which I thought was great....I picked a new pair form the options and they sent a different pair than what I chose. Crappy plastic lens instead of 580G and I sent several more emails and never could get a reply to resolve the issue. I would have rather had the old ones back...

Comment

I've been very happy with Maui Jim's since I jumped the Oakley ship.

Comment

I don't know what brand I will go to but it won't be Costa. I can't remember how old these frames are but they are within 2-3 years old. I have sent in several pairs of Costas over the years and never had a problem.

These glasses that I was going to send in are the Blackfin series. I have worn this series for atleast 15 years and they are still being made.

Comment

i guess I am an Ol'School kind of guy,, i still use and like my Gascans, one pair are custom with initials, all 3 are Polarized
                          I guess I am just into my old style...

Comment

maui jim has 100x better customer service and repairs than costa. I am done with costas.

Comment

Time to bust out the Gargoyles!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X