No announcement yet.

Efficient Short Barrel Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.375 Ruger. Works real good from a 20” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Be hard to beat a short 308. I run a suppressed 16” 308 and have killed whitetail out to 575 yards with 165gr Accubonds.

Good luck on the build.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
        A guy on a nosler forum claimed 20” 300wsm 150gr should get 3200-3250

Fastest I found in the Nosler manual was 3300 (one load) the rest were around 3200-3250 with a 26inch barrel. Cutting 6 inches off the barrel should be significant but if it’s being pushed hard, near max, who knows what can be reached with real world data.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

7mm08

Comment

Worth looking at the numbers with a 6mm on a 18 1/2" barrel. May not be as fast as you are looking for, but definitely the shorter barrel with outstanding performance.

Mine weights under 7lbs without scope on a walnut stock. Shoots dimes with 100gr.

Comment

30-06.

Comment

The “hammer” is less the cartridge than it is bullet selection and shot placement.

Comment

358 Win AR-10. 18"

Comment

If you reload, I would check out the 6.5 sherman short or 7 sherman short. You should be able to achieve the numbers your wanting with the specified barrel lengths depending on bullet selection.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                      If you reload, I would check out the 6.5 sherman short or 7 sherman short. You should be able to achieve the numbers your wanting with the specified barrel lengths depending on bullet selection.
                      I was scrolling through thinking the same thing.....my next rifle will be a 6.5SST in an 18" barrel. Should be able to run the 140's right at 3000 and the 156 Bergers in the 2900 range. Would be a perfect setup with the suppressor on the end.

Comment

308 and 6.5 PRC are good with short pipes.

Comment

Didn’t gunwerks recently come out with a shorty 338 rcm that was integrally suppressed and had a folding chassis? I think recreating that might be similar to what you’re looking for (except with a normal barrel and suppressor).

Comment

Originally posted by bronopoly View Post
                            Didn’t gunwerks recently come out with a shorty 338 rcm that was integrally suppressed and had a folding chassis? I think recreating that might be similar to what you’re looking for (except with a normal barrel and suppressor).
                            I believe your thinking of the Lite Sabr offered in the 338 and other calibers which the integral suppressed barrel is built by SWS in Stafford. Very cool build but not 13k cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                              I believe your thinking of the Lite Sabr offered in the 338 and other calibers which the integral suppressed barrel is built by SWS in Stafford. Very cool build but not 13k cool.

https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/produc...e-system-22185
                              Yep that’s the one. Super cool and could definitely be built for a fraction of the price. That’s what I picture APR’s #2 to be for this year...or some variation thereof where it doesn’t have the integral suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                I said Hammer
                                458 socom, 358 winchester, 450 bushmaster,,,, 3 suggestions, three hammers, now just pick one!

Comment

Working...
                                X