Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
    I personally don't think Biden will affect the oil field much. The politicians have their hands too deep in it. Maybe thats wishful thinking.

Luckily, Im still working and havnt missed a check.
    I’m gonna be the odd one that thinks he will create $100 oil again

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      That’s what I’ve been saying as well.

Comment

I don’t think that’s odd at all.

Comment

I have thought about that too. The main difference between him and the Obama era is the progressive push from that little horse faced girl AOC and her clan. Green Energy platform.

Aint no doubt there is big money in alternative energy, wind and solar farms pay good wages. Big oil companies are sticking their thumbs in that pie, hoping for a plum. It's all about the biggest money pile.

Seems like a lot of that green energy stuff is a farce, still takes petroleum to make it plastics, rubber and such.

Comment

Frac sand industry as seen its biggest month since it hit the fan back in March. Just hired on 5 guys and looking for another to keep up with demand. Showing to have a strong first quarter as well if it all keeps up. I really think WTI will hit the $50s again next quarter. And I would not be surprised at all if we hit higher than that if Biden ends up in office. All I need is a solid 2-3 years of work and a consistent paycheck and I am out of this joint. Go make my money somewhere else, just got to get some cash in the bank and house paid off.

Comment

I finally got my walking papers back at the end of September. Was contracting rigs for a DC but just couldn’t hang in there. Spent the first 60 days of my layoff trying to negotiate out of my non-compete they had buried in a past agreement...although as time ticks by I think there is more of a chance I end up having to exit the patch after 16 years.

Just my opinion, but I think the Biden administration is going to cause higher oil prices at some point but I think it may cause possibly the last domestic oil boom. Vaccine will start to mitigate Covid over time and air travel/commuting will resume towards end of 21 and 22 increasing demand for oil and increasing prices. Problem is that by that point domestic E&P will mostly have consolidated to the majors and large independents through M&A/bankruptcy and due to higher corporate taxes/unfavorable domestic political regime they will likely allocate capital outside US.

The destruction of capital by the industry over the last 5 years has been staggering and continued under investment over that time will cause a price spike when demand does return but short of majors that have been sitting on cash I don’t think many investors will have the appetite to throw capital at it domestically. Will be relegated to OPEC and with them controlling pricing we will be at their mercy.

Comment

I hate to admit it but with Biden in office prices are gonna skyrocket. It's a mixed blessing because I'll get back to work but be at odds with his politics.Trump was drill baby drill but he pushed to keep prices low and that was bad for small operators.

I read that oil will see a 6 million bpd increase year over year. That's 350,000 bpd less than they thought but still moving in a positive direction. Keep in mind 2 billion people on the planet still don't have energy and they WANT it. The move to green will be forced on us because "we can afford" to pay more for our energy... meanwhile China is signing 25 year deals with Iran for all the oil they can produce. Cheap energy aka Oil and natural gas demand will not curb for at least the next 25 years... like I said 2 billion people need/want the lights to come on. I might have to drill for it in Nigeria to keep working but the wells will get drilled somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                  I hate to admit it but with Biden in office prices are gonna skyrocket. It's a mixed blessing because I'll get back to work but be at odds with his politics.Trump was drill baby drill but he pushed to keep prices low and that was bad for small operators.

I read that oil will see a 6 million bpd increase year over year. That's 350,000 bpd less than they thought but still moving in a positive direction. Keep in mind 2 billion people on the planet still don't have energy and they WANT it. The move to green will be forced on us because "we can afford" to pay more for our energy... meanwhile China is signing 25 year deals with Iran for all the oil they can produce. Cheap energy aka Oil and natural gas demand will not curb for at least the next 25 years... like I said 2 billion people need/want the lights to come on. I might have to drill for it in Nigeria to keep working but the wells will get drilled somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Democrats have always been pretty good at starting wars.

Comment

Heard through the grape vine today that EOG has leased up most of the hotels in and around Gonzales for the next 12 months. Guess they are going to start working on drilled but not completed wells? Not sure, but things look pretty good for Texas O&G especially with Biden’s pick for Sec of Interior.
                    Last edited by John Paul; 12-18-2020, 06:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Machine shop, mostly oil related work: been super slow all year, then about 6 weeks ago got busy quick. Two largest customers have had us slammed, working as much as we can to get it all delivered in time. Have a couple more busy weeks worth, then who knows. Sure glad to get some money coming in again! Hope it lasts, doesn't take much to keep us going. Costs are low, efficiency high.

Comment

Hope your right about the Gonzales area. Drill baby Drill.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          Frac sand industry as seen its biggest month since it hit the fan back in March. Just hired on 5 guys and looking for another to keep up with demand. Showing to have a strong first quarter as well if it all keeps up. I really think WTI will hit the $50s again next quarter. And I would not be surprised at all if we hit higher than that if Biden ends up in office. All I need is a solid 2-3 years of work and a consistent paycheck and I am out of this joint. Go make my money somewhere else, just got to get some cash in the bank and house paid off.
                          You in the Frac Sand business?

Comment

Not sure it gets there but unlike Trump, JB doesn't worry himself much with prices at the pump. That said, it wouldn't take much from a regulation/policy side to send things to the moon. Being on the natural gas side of the business, I believe we will sell more natural gas over the next four years with Joey Crayon Eater than if Trump had been reelected. Not a great tradeoff, but that's about the only silver lining I can make of the whole deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tx10pt View Post
                              You in the Frac Sand business?
                              Yes work at one of the sand plants off i20 between monahans and Odessa.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                                Yes work at one of the sand plants off i20 between monahans and Odessa.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I'll send $10 via paypal for every Sand Trk driver you pop in the nose and get it on video.

Comment

Working...
                                X