Aluminum Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Arrows

It appears to me that a lot of people are migrating back to aluminum arrows.

What’s the new interest about?

They tend to be less expensive, more spine options and heavier.
    Or so I've read.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heavier and usually straighter from the factory in my experience unless you are buying the expensive carbons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same thing they’ve always been.

Must just be a new trend or newbies rediscovering them.

Comment

They hit like a hammer !

Comment

I've never shot carbon and have been sad that they quit making a lot of the sizes.

Comment

Super easy to find a spine that works for your bow. If you like a heavy hunting arrow, you have a head start in building it because you can get shafts with more grains per inch. Penetration is better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                Super easy to find a spine that works for your bow. If you like a heavy hunting arrow, you have a head start in building it because you can get shafts with more grains per inch. Penetration is better as well.
                X2 all of this. In particular they have always been easy for me to tune to my bow, just cut off length, add heavy or lighter point, etc.

Comment

I shoot the best of both worlds!!!! Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket; aluminum on the outside and carbon on the inside!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shot aluminum in my compounds in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I would have a hard time going back...I'm a fan of carbon

Comment

Aluminum has it's positive attributes but not enough for me to go back to either.
                      Now I may try the hybrids like Bisch is shooting but I have about 50 bent and dented aluminum arrows from decades past that I'll never straighten or reuse.
                      Carbon stays straight and takes more abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Aluminum has it's positive attributes but not enough for me to go back to either.
                        Now I may try the hybrids like Bisch is shooting but I have about 50 bent and dented aluminum arrows from decades past that I'll never straighten or reuse.

Carbon just doesn’t have the weight when you draw 31 and pull 50plus it’s hard to get there with carbons. I like 10gpp I can do it with carbons just harder and limits my broad heads

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                          Carbon just doesn’t have the weight when you draw 31 and pull 50plus it’s hard to get there with carbons. I like 10gpp I can do it with carbons just harder and limits my broad heads

At 27.5" I don't have that issue.[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

This. Aluminum has its pros, but the big con to me is they will bend. I’m OK with straight up breaking an arrow and trashing it rather than maybe having a bent arrow if I’m not diligent in spinning my shafts often.

Comment

I have been tiptoeing into the FMJ shafts. I've carried them on hunts for several years now and recently picked up another half dozen for practice. They are so expensive that my frugal self may never fully make the switch. I keep three in my practice quiver along with five Gold Tips. The Gold Tips cost about half of what the FMJs cost. They group together despite a slight difference in spine. The Gold Tips are easier to get a good grip on when pulling arrows. That slick aluminum is hard on my arthritic hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X