Bucket list duck this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
    Probably none if you can't tell the difference. That one isn't full blown storm, but is whiter under the eyestripe than most. I wouldn't really consider it a storm.

I've seen 2 killed similar to the ops, but never a true storm.
    Roger that, didnt know there was “storm”, and then also “full blown storm.” Just figured it either IS or IS NOT. Googled some storm wigeons and didnt look anything like the OP’s to me but I sure have been wrong before! The ones Im seeing look white, not mottled or speckled. If thats a storm wigeon, full blown or half blown, congrats to the hunter! And congrats on canvasback OP! Taxidermist bout to get busy I bet!

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
      This is what the ones I have seen look like. [ATTACH]1077788[/ATTACH]
      That's a storm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to the OP!

After all these years, I got my first can last year. And my first redheads. I've had redheads into my spread twice before that. But couldn't connect. Got another last weekend. The can was the first time in my spreads.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          That's a storm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
            This is what the ones I have seen look like. [ATTACH]1077788[/ATTACH]
            That's a domestic widgeon that was bred to be a storm. Wild storm widgeons don't have the all white head. I wish that I had some pictures of the other widgeons that we killed. The difference is obvious when you see them in person together.

Comment

The ones I saw in hand in Oregon looked just like that one. Everyone in my group of 7 got one but me. Still one of the best days of duck hunting I have ever had. I did get my Eurasian that day. One box checked one to go.

Comment

Good job! Back when lakes around here had hydrilla getting a can was about as sure as the sun rising! Heck they used to sit at the Minnow Bucket cleaning dock eating fish scraps when I was cleaning crappie!

Comment

^^^ truth!

Comment

Congratulations, nice shooting ultrastealth.

Comment

Working...
                    X