Bucket list duck this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket list duck this past weekend

Finally got a canvasback. I've been duck hunting for 50+ years, and never had a shot at one until this last weekend. My son also got a "storm widgeon" too. Great weekend of duck hunting. Shotkam footage linked below.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Ultrastealth.
    Last edited by ultrastealth; 01-18-2022, 09:29 AM.

well done!

Comment

Good looking bird....Congrats!!!!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Very cool!

For me those have always been a special duck. I guess from reading about the market hunting days on Chesapeake Bay and then living over there when I was in the Navy.

Congrats on a beautiful bird.

Comment

That’s cool. That first bird is Grave Yard Dead on the the first shot.

Comment

Congrats, did the second bird ever give up the ghost? I almost died of hypothermia on Sam Rayburn years ago after the boat tipped over shooting canvasbacks. To this day those ducks had the thickest layer of fat of any bird I've seen.

Comment

Very cool - I need a shotkam so bad

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                  Congrats, did the second bird ever give up the ghost? I almost died of hypothermia on Sam Rayburn years ago after the boat tipped over shooting canvasbacks. To this day those ducks had the thickest layer of fat of any bird I've seen.
                  I actually hit three that day, but only recovered the one, and we still had to shoot him again to keep him from diving on us. Those are the toughest ducks I've ever shot. If you don't kill them dead, your odds of recovery are slim.

Comment

That's awesome, congrats on the can. Looks like a stud bird too.

That footage is killer

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      I actually hit three that day, but only recovered the one, and we still had to shoot him again to keep him from diving on us. Those are the toughest ducks I've ever shot. If you don't kill them dead, your odds of recovery are slim.
                      That's exactly how I remember them.

Comment

Do you have a picture of the storm widgeon? I’ve been to the west coast 3 times trying to fill that one on the list. We shot lots of beautiful cotton tops but no storm widgeon.

Comment

Cool video. Congrats on the bird.

Comment

I gotta see this “storm widgeon”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Are they rare or do you just not get them in your area? We have them on our pond regular but I've never shot them. Mainly because the wife says not to kill her ducks but the one Sunday almost got killed. Lucky for it the Cowboys came on and saved its life. Looking back I should have killed the duck and not watched the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X