Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alec Baldwin involved with shooting.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Ban prop guns! Seems like he's part of the gun violence problem in this country. He's shot more innocent folks than anyone I know.

When is the last time you’ve seen a democrat clear and make safe a weapon just saying….

[emoji1662]

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      Can he be charged ?
      If someone causes the death of another person, they “can” always be charged.

With nothing in the article saying what happened other than someone is dead, it is almost impossible to tell with no further information. It mostly goes by the mental state of the person causing the death. Was it intentional? Was it reckless? Was it negligent? What exactly did he do to cause it?

At this point you almost have to play “what if”.

Thousands of blank rounds are fired on movie sets in this country every year. A gunshot on a movie or television show is not strange. Without thinking too deeply on it, there are two main questions to come to mind in this case. The first is who is responsible for loading the fake or prop firearms? The second question is what was Baldwin doing when the incident happened?

Another article I read about this accident said that it was during a rehearsal of a scene. Was Baldwin just doing what he was being told/directed to do? Did he fire the gun as he was instructed to do during the rehearsal? Was he responsible for the loading the blanks or was it a crew member(s)?

So here is a what if. What if it was during a rehearsal but Baldwin thought he would be cute and turn the gun on somebody else during a break in the action and shot at a member of the crew too closely? That might definitely be considered negligent or reckless. In Texas that could be considered Criminally Negligent Homicide or Manslaughter.

Or…

What if it was during the filming and he acted exactly as directed and he was not responsible for setting up the props? In that case it might be found that he had no criminal responsibility whatsoever and would not likely be charged.

In the death of Brandon Lee on the film set after being shot with a prop gun, it was found to be the film special effects crew that caused the accident. They were supposed to make a blank round with an actual projectile so it would look like an actual loaded gun but that round was not supposed to have any powder or a primer. It was supposed to be for looks only. A second round was supposed to have a powder charge but no projectile. So the scene should have shown what appeared to be a live round being put in the gun. The actual discharge and flash for the shot being fired was nothing but powder. The Special effects crew screwed up however and put the primer in the dummy round and when the trigger was pulled it was just enough energy to push the projectile a little bit into the barrel with the squib round. The actor was then given the gun with a blank powder charge only but with a crew not having knowledge of the squib round they had created with the projectile now in the barrel. So when the actor fired the blank powder charge only round, it shoved the squib round out the barrel killing Lee.

The outcome in that case was the district attorney ruling that it was negligent but brought no charges. Had there been charges it would most likely have been on the film crew that caused the accident, not the actor who was handed what was supposed to be a blank round only.

If that was a similar type of incident in this case, I would think that Baldwin would not be charged.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
        $100 says that ****bird blames the film crew.
        … and he might be 100% correct.

Comment

The odd part is, it wasn't an actor on the set that was killed, but a couple producers. I'm sure they "stand in" from time to time to show how they want a scene filmed, so maybe that's what happened? All speculation until the facts come out.

Comment

Even though I think Baldwin is a piece of ***** this is still a tragedy. The victims families still deserve a little respect. Please remember it could be any of our family members and no matter who's at fault still painful to go through. JMHO

Comment

Sad for the dead folks...But I hope the grief eats away at Baldwin. Anti American POS.

Comment

I’m no fan of Baldwin but this is ****ed tragic for those killed and injured

Comment

More Government gun control could’ve prevented this from happening.

Comment

I’d like to know if there is a video of this “ accident “.
                    He has a tends to go off the rails and I can see him getting ****** about something and intentionally pointing and shooting that gun because he’s and idiot

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      He has a tends to go off the rails and I can see him getting ****** about something and intentionally pointing and shooting that gun because he’s and idiot
                      Agree. guy's a time bomb

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Exact same thought I had. I have never seen a grown man who has melt downs/temper tantrums quite like he does.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Are we sure that's a "her"?
                          The film industry has been left shocked and in mourning after cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on set when actor and producer Alec Baldwin discharged a prop firearm.

Comment

He was good in Beetlejuice. Thats about it.

Comment

Condolences for the deceased. Baldwin, well I'll just keep that to myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X