No announcement yet.

Mr. Buddy heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I left it running on high with a window open when I went to get my cart. 300 yard walk and drive back and it was still running fine. Maybe the oxygen sensor is really sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Hey I left it running on high with a window open when I went to get my cart. 300 yard walk and drive back and it was still running fine. Maybe the oxygen sensor is really sensitive.

They can be....Folks talk about them going out in their ice shantys because of it. Did you have any windows open when you were running it earlier?

Comment

No. I never run it long as a Krivoman heats up quickly. I will mess with it again tomorrow.

Comment

I've had better luck with the Academy version of the Buddy heaters. I always try to have an Academy heater in the truck for back-up, and switch them out as need be. I do like everyone else has mentioned - fresh propane can, Q-tips/fine wire as well as compressed air to try and clear any possible path through the hoses.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Sounds like it is an oxygen issue. I have one that will only run a couple minutes if I do not open the windows. The sensor is very sensitive

Comment

Needs cleaning. I think I used a paper clip to loosen carbon build up then an alcohol soaked q- tip. I did strip away some of the cotton on the tip so it fit inside the orifice. YouTube is your friend.

Comment

If the ODS cutting it off, you should be able to see the pilot flame raising up off the thermocouple before it cuts off, that’s how they are designed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  If the ODS cutting it off, you should be able to see the pilot flame raising up off the thermocouple before it cuts off, that’s how they are designed to work.

Yup. If I leave a window open it works. Kind of defeats the purpose. I need the windows shut on a northern wind. Oh well. Sitka Fanatic to the rescue.

Comment

If it’s cutting off due to that, then it’s looking out for you. Just crack a window and it should do fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X