2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    If the Trinity will stay in its banks, I'll give 'er another shot, but once late November thru end of December gets here, it's South Texas for me this year... That place is MLD now so I'll use my tags in East Texas if I get the chance... Could shoot deer behind the house, but just don't have the heart...
    Charlie I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you didn't already know. You are about to be under water again it looks like. The river is getting close to full banks at 787, Livingston is almost 2ft high, the upper river is flooded and more rain on the horizon.

Comment

Drilling 2 plots now. And maybe dove fields. Don’t know if I’ll make it to “The Cottonmouth” today. Too many iron ore rocks and some limbs:roots still being fairly new project. Don’t want to run my equipment in it yet. I’ll plow it, but with heavy rains probable I may be best to wait till after. Not worried about stuck... just loosing the top soil

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        I'm in, really enjoyed this thread last year. Thanks for letting me tag along!

Anytime amigo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got a lot of rain forecasted over the next 4-5 days

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            is it ok if i join in here? i mean, i am pretty close to east texas i think...

edit: wait, did you say work?
            Obvious typo...

Comment

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                is it ok if i join in here? i mean, i am pretty close to east texas i think...

edit: wait, did you say work?

Yeah man! You are usually good for some early summer pictures at least lol

Last edited by Tshelly; 05-07-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Still waiting on fawns to drop. Bucks were chasing heavily last week of Oct and 1st of Nov. so it should not be long now.
                  Does are hitting our feeder heavily. Due to such a small property (50ac), i never added protein. I need to go ahead and fence off a place to keep the horses out and put up a free choice station. Our population has exploded the last few years in western Walker County.

Comment

Guess i should post the wife’s last year harvest...she’s pushing me for a #1 hit lister this year [emoji849]

Comment

This might very well be my last season on this property, its been listed for a while but i hope to make it a little longer. I lived here for the last 7 years and my wife was here before we met (closer to 11 years for her).

Heres my buck from opening day of rifle. He got caught with his pants down chasing a doe.

And I hope to catch up with this guy some time in late October

Comment

In a battle with a builder right now so haven't had any time to work on my plot, but all of our does are saggin pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                          Yeah man! You are usually good for some early summer pictures at least lol

Lol... absolutely. He’s good quality entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            I'm, in one from last year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Daaaaaaaang!

Comment

First year hunting Newton County for me, so hoping all goes well. Got a few small throw and grow kill plots in and all the feeders up before the rain really came. Gonna head back out in a couple weeks to check cards

Comment

I hope like heck this rainy pattern doesn’t stick around and **** up deer season like it did last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X