Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will have to try this

Comment

Glad i saw this recipe. Going out tonight to thin some hogs.

Comment

I made this tonight with store-bought hog. I need to go hunting! I added a can of white northern beans and substituted turnips for the potatoes. To my great surprise it was amazing with the turnips. They gave a nice texture contrast but didn't taste like turnips which I don't prefer. I think when I go hunting here in a few weeks I will have to pick up a hog and package the meat in 6 lb bags of cubed pork so I can make double the recipe and freeze it in four serving vac seal packs. This will be amazing to take hunting and thaw out for dinners.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds tasty thanks will try it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            I'm fixin to make a big pot. I plan on freezing the majority of it to take on an elk hunt next month. Thank you, Larry!
            Doing the same for mule deer hunt next week

Comment

Made some tonight. Will definitely add it to the ranch rotation. We’re all on keto so I subbed a few things.

Used Carbquick instead of the flour

Used turnips instead of the potatoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We vacuum sealed some a month or so ago and reheated it last night and it was just as good as it was today we made it

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Made this finally this weekend. Oh my goodness….

I had a pork butt lying around. Trimmed up the fat and cubed up the meat. Had nice cross sections against the grain. It fell apart after seven hours in the crock pot.

Used potatoes, onions, and the broth and salsa verde as called for. I have fresh Anaheims and poblanos so I used those.
                  Made homemade corn tortilla chips to pour into the stew.
                  Entire family agreed that it is a winner and it’ll be thrown into rotation.

Quick question for the g/s, we only eat pork if it’s on sale or if I shoot a sow….anyone try this with venison?????

Comment

Works with ground pork, btw. Saves a little time on the front end only having to brown the ground pork. Remember to simmer that meat and all ingredients minus the potatoes for an hour or more. Then add potatoes for the last hour or so.

Made a big batch last night with some local small lease wild hog processed at Cinnamon Creek Ranch. Yum!

Comment

I made a version with chicken a few days ago . I also used turnips instead of potatoes. Made it low carb friendly.

Comment

I made this a few weeks back when my wife and kids were out of town, and reheated it the next day when they got home...as Chew stated, its even better the second day

And my picky eating daughter requested I make it again this week...so I'm headed to the store for the ingredients now

Comment

I’ve made this multiple times over the last year or two, and it’s always a hit. The kids requested it today with the cold temps, so I thought I would bump it to the top for those looking for somethng that will warm you up while the temps plummet

Comment

Working...
                          X