Swimming Pool Service ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimming Pool Service ????

Pool is almost finished and I am shocked at the prices of the first two maintenance companies I contacted. $300-$400 monthly and I provide chemicals. Rural area (Riviera) but both companies are in Kingsville (12 miles away). Is this crazy? What are you folks paying?

in

Comment

I cost me an entire months salary, every month...because my wife handles it

Comment

Sold my house that had a pool this past spring but I was paying $60 a week and included chemicals. Local guy that started his own business. This was in Longview.

Comment

It’s between $250-$300 in my area. Buddy of mine quit is pretty good paying job and only services pools. His business has exploded. Seems like every new home is adding on the $150k pool

Comment

We pay $160 in Houston and they provide the chemicals. Plus another $100 every 6 months to clean the filters.
            I will eventually do it myself but with with little kids at home, it’s easier for me to just pay someone $40/week.

He did mention he would be going up if chlorine prices keep skyrocketing.
            Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 09-30-2022, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I was paying $160 a month a few years ago and my pool guy retired. I do it myself now. Leslie's Pool Supply will test your water for free and will tell you exactly what to do. The only issue I have is the nearest Leslie's is about 15 miles away but it is still better than paying each month.
              I was amazed at how easy it was to maintain and still question why I paid someone to do it. From what I can tell the only time he earned his money was during the winter getting the leaves out and in the spring getting the water back to where it needs to be.
              BTWm I have a salt water pool.

Comment

$200/month for weekly service. That includes chemicals.

Comment

I do it myself. It may seem a little intimidating at first but it is so easy. Takes me about 10-15 minutes to test. Get one of the Taylor kits from Amazon. I don’t have to add much more than shock most the time.

As said above, you can take a sample to a pool store and they will test for free. We prefer Pincha Penney in our area. Their testing is manual and seems to be more accurate plus the don’t try to sell as much as Leslie’s.

We have the cartridge filters. They are real easy to clean. I’m not spending the $120 + that they were wanting to charge in my area. I also have found that due to trees and such I have to clean more often than every 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seams a little high. Might be charging more because they have to travel more to get to you. In Houston you can get it done for 200/250 a month all day long.

Comment

I pay $150 a month , when i got quotes it was $150-$200 (about 6 months ago). Magnolia area

Comment

$75 a month with chemicals. We handle all the cleaning.

Comment

Get one of these and chemicals - https://waterguru.com/pages/sense
                          I ditched the pool guy 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Washing out my filters takes me 30 mins every quarter. Easily worth my time. The only thing that bothers me is I am constantly looking at how the pool is balanced. When the pool guy was around I never thought about it.

Comment

I pay $ 170 per month for everything including chemicals in the summer. Once I put the cover on for the winter, it goes to $105 per month.

This is in Mansfield

Comment

We are at $180 plus tax, which puts it right around $200 per month for weekly service, including chemicals. That's in Houston so there's lots of pools and lots of competition and as you can see from other posters, that's about the going rate for the area.

$300-$400 seems high, although that could be the going rate in less populated areas.

I debate on doing it myself sometimes, but work has been busy. Not to mention, the weekly service really is worth it in the fall when all the leaves start dropping.

Comment

Working...
                              X