Fish Chef Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    Im not usually in that big of a hurry running from the law though so have time to cook it whole [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically it’s not considered evading if you don’t know you are being chased!

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      How big of a fish? I cooked a 90lb'r that was pretty terrible. Fat in between the flakes of meat. No way to trim it. Also had a few in the 30-40lb range that were really good. Grilled on foil or lightly blackened.

I would say 40 on the high side. I sampled it at Katies restaurant before buying some from the market. Its amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Technically it’s not considered evading if you don’t know you are being chased!

One day the oyster reef might get em but the law never will. Haha.

Comment

One day the oyster reef might get em but the law never will. Haha.

Let’s just hope that Buford T. Justice don’t have an airboat. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            I would cut it in half that thickness and grill it. Salt & Pepper, lemon pepper and baste with butter.
            I agree, and also cut slits across the top. It helps cook the fish evenly.

You could also dust it with Tony Chacere's seasoning.

If you want to level up your game, check out Michael Middleton's recipe for pontchartrain sauce.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJPPNMyCzYc&t=3s"]Louisiana Catch and Cook - Redfish Pontchartrain w/ Team Compton's Jaceman! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I just cooked a piece of warsaw that we caught offshore a few weeks back....it was amazing....grouper in my opinion is the best eating fish in the ocean...runners up are tuna and swordfish...

Any piece of fish that thick is too thick to grille or cook in the skillet you are gonna have to put it in the oven. U can always sear it well first before you put it in.

Comment

Fish Chef Advice

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

Nooooo. Sgt J.W. Pepper is on the case. He knows how to deal with those speeding on the bayou. [emoji23]

Last edited by Ætheling; 09-18-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

He had an airboat, it was just too big for the HP he had

Comment

Although I use this for tuna, it works well for any fish. While I like mine blackened and I know you said you didn’t what to do with that, cook it how ever you want and just serve it on some rice or noodles and pour the sauce over it. It’s all about the sauce.

Seared Tuna Streaks with Wasabi Butter sauce

Ingredients;
                    2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
                    10 fluid ounces white wine
                    1/4 cup minced shallots
                    1 tablespoon wasabi paste, or to taste (don't worry about the wasabi heat, it cooks off)
                    1 tablespoon soy sauce
                    1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
                    salt and black pepper to taste
                    Cajun Seasoning
                    1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
                    1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
                    6 (6 ounce) fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
                    Fettechi Noodles or Rice.

Directions
                    Combine the white wine vinegar, white wine and shallots in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Strain out shallot and discard, return liquid to the pan.
                    Stir the wasabi and soy sauce into the reduction in the pan. Over low heat, gradually whisk in butter one cube at a time allowing the mixture to emulsify. Be careful not to let the mixture boil. When all of the butter has been incorporated, stir in cilantro, and remove from heat. Pour into a small bowl, and set aside.
                    Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper and Cajun seasoning. Place in the hot skillet, and sear for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook, this fish should be served still a little pink in the center. Serve with sauce on a bed of fettechi noodles drizzled with olive oil or rice.
                    All done! Now eat till you explode.
                    Bon Appetite.

Comment

Nooooo. Sgt J.W. Pepper is on the case. He knows how to deal with those speeding on the bayou. [emoji23]

You have successfully derailed your own thread [emoji23]

Comment

Split in half to make thinner as already said. Then pan sear in butter quickly, season and put on the grill for 2 minutes per side. Once checked for doneness apply a good compound garlic butter on top and enjoy after letting sit for 5 minutes. A lot of ways to do it. Good luck and enjoy. Let us know how it turns out.

From what I've read. Do not argue with the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          Although I use this for tuna, it works well for any fish. While I like mine blackened and I know you said you didn’t what to do with that, cook it how ever you want and just serve it on some rice or noodles and pour the sauce over it. It’s all about the sauce.

Seared Tuna Streaks with Wasabi Butter sauce

Ingredients;
                          2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
                          10 fluid ounces white wine
                          1/4 cup minced shallots
                          1 tablespoon wasabi paste, or to taste (don't worry about the wasabi heat, it cooks off)
                          1 tablespoon soy sauce
                          1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
                          salt and black pepper to taste
                          Cajun Seasoning
                          1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
                          1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
                          6 (6 ounce) fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
                          Fettechi Noodles or Rice.

Directions
                          Combine the white wine vinegar, white wine and shallots in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Strain out shallot and discard, return liquid to the pan.
                          Stir the wasabi and soy sauce into the reduction in the pan. Over low heat, gradually whisk in butter one cube at a time allowing the mixture to emulsify. Be careful not to let the mixture boil. When all of the butter has been incorporated, stir in cilantro, and remove from heat. Pour into a small bowl, and set aside.
                          Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper and Cajun seasoning. Place in the hot skillet, and sear for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook, this fish should be served still a little pink in the center. Serve with sauce on a bed of fettechi noodles drizzled with olive oil or rice.
                          All done! Now eat till you explode.
                          Bon Appetite.

This sounds legit!

Comment

Working...
                          X