Best bang for buck zero turn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCEC View Post
    I really like my Spartan 54". Very comfortable seat. Front shocks. Have tires filled with goo that has a lifetime warranty against flats.
    They aren't cheap though.
    My understanding is that the founder broke off from Bad Boy and started the company. So likely similar in some respects.
    What do you guys do on those little itty bitty front tires? i have bad luck with them. tried tubes and that didn't work either. since they are slick, they don't have any puncture protection. thought about filling with spray foam but figured it would be too rough of a ride.

Comment

Spartan

Dealer put this in my front tires. No problems yet.
      UltraSeal Military Grade I Extreme Heavy Duty Tire Sealant - Lifetime Guarantee to seal thorn & nail punctures
      24 oz per tire Front

Comment

I bought a grasshopper in 04, I mowed around my business which was 2.5 acres, my house 1.5 acres took care of the church yard 2 acres, a lot of years and a lot of mowing, I’m still using it to this day on my ranch in Leon county.
        It done me well, Koehler engine.

Comment

I’ve been running a Hustler Raptor HD for 6 years. It’s been a good mower but eats belts like crazy.

I’m looking at getting a Spartan next year. Not a whole lot more money but it’s a better mower. Smoother cut and ride with more greasable parts should make it last longer with the abuse that I put my mowers through

Comment

I've always heard if money isn't a concern get a Ferris. Never driven one, but have never heard of an owner that wasn't happy with theirs.

I've run a Cub Cadet and a Bad Boy at home. Cub Cadet ran for a long time and did the job. The Bad Boy does the same job faster and better. However, the Bad Boy is rough as heck.

I started to get an Ariens, and read to only buy one with a Kawasaki engine. For what thats worth.

Comment

Scag TigerCat 52 is what i run. cant hurt it.....

Comment

Kubota !!

Comment

I love Kubota everything but I bought a Ferris. The ride is very nice.

Comment

I really like my kubota but I did upgrade to the suspension seat and it is silky. Low , wide profile and Eats thick,wet st. Augustine like crazy. Solid and larger than average front tires and heavy duty deck. Steel cut gears for the win. Easy maintenance . I looked at gravely’s but I couldn’t get a suspension seat in the size I was looking at or I would own one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I own a Scag and a Hustler Raptor HD.
                      I wouldn't buy another Hustler Raptor HD. Especially if you are mowing tall grass. I have never had a mower clog up with grass as much as I have had with the Raptor.
                      This part will fix that problem. It does away with the bar across the bottom of the discharge chute (the problem).

HUSTLER DISCHARGE ADAPTER KIT - Hustler part 123349. We are an expert HUSTLER Gold Dealer selling Genuine OEM parts at wholeseller prices. Hustler 123349

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        This part will fix that problem. It does away with the bar across the bottom of the discharge chute (the problem).

https://www.hustlerlawnmowerparts.co...r-part-123349/
                        I will look into that. Thanks.

Comment

I have a ferris with no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

https://www.hustlerlawnmowerparts.co...r-part-123349/
                            Can you just cut the bar off with a Sawzall? That bar does not really support anything.

Comment

Hard to beat that Kubota zero percent for 5 years. I have the 54”. Been pretty good.
                              Just don’t buy it from Landsdown Moody. The WORST people I have EVER dealt with.

There was a pulley defect on mine that Kubota put out and getting Landsdown to work on it was nearly impossible and they would keep it for a month.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and go visit a ferris dealer and take one for a test drive. Theses things are built like a tank and have a great suspension. You can get a air ride seat which smooths out the ride even more. We are currently running a 72 inch Ferris with a Cat Diesel engine and dual fuel tanks. That thing is a big heavy duty beast. Now we do mow 23 acres with only about 50 trees and from start to finish takes about 8 hours. You will not regret buying a Ferris.

Comment

Working...
                                X