South Padre Drone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Padre Drone

Haven't posted here in a while so here we go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	784.2 KB
ID:	25291521

Yes, flying over the water is nerve-racking but hey, at least the beaches were clean.

Shot by an old Mavic Pro 2. Bracketed photos.

Cool capture leggy...I haven't been to the island in decades & wouldn't recognize it. Never get further east than laguna vista.

Comment

Nice! thank you for sharing

Comment

Really cool photo. So many fond memories of SPI as a kid and young adult. I haven't been there in 20 years.

Comment

I don’t get to Padre much myself. Besides all the hotels and condos I don’t recognize, I’m impressed with the cleanliness and all the palm trees they brought in. Although the palms may or may not be native, they add that tropical look that draws people.

What I don’t like is you can’t just drive over to the jetties without coughing up cash to get through a gate. That part blows.

Comment

I hadn't heard about the palms being planted...my understanding is the Sabal is the only native palm tree to this area.

Comment

Great picture! Been too long since I've been down there.

Comment

Awesome picture!

Probably a dumb question, what does “bracketed” mean? In regards to the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  Awesome picture!

Probably a dumb question, what does “bracketed” mean? In regards to the photos.
                  Not a dumb question at all. Most cameras have a bracket setting that provides the photographer the ability to take multiple images at slightly different exposures. Once you combine the images in editing software like Lightroom, you get a more balanced exposure across the image. This is HDR or high def resolution.

The risk is if things move (like waves) you can get motion blur. There’s always a trade off.

Comment

Very cool pic bud. Lower Laguna is my new stomping grounds to fish the last 15 years (Port Isabel based) since giving up the crowds in POC but I haven’t been on the actual beach since college days 30 years ago. That pic sure does make it look nice.

Comment

Cool shot, Steven! Good to see you around again.

Comment

Thank you! I’ll have to look at my setting on my DJI Mini 2 and see what all is available on it.

I took a few pictures in Destin that look good on my phone, no idea what they’d look like on a computer though.

Comment

Here's one showing that rain is coming to central Texas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Austin for Sandyyy-.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	711.0 KB
ID:	24691759

Don't blink, this skyline changes every day.

Comment

Cool pics
                            Thanks for sharing.
                            I’ve always enjoyed your pixels, good to see you posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              Thank you! I’ll have to look at my setting on my DJI Mini 2 and see what all is available on it.

I took a few pictures in Destin that look good on my phone, no idea what they’d look like on a computer though.
                              Had my first experience flying a drone (my BIL's DJI mini) 2 weeks ago in Siesta Key FL.
                              I'm hooked, but I want/looking at the DJI Air2S...

Great pics as always Leggy

Comment

Working...
                              X