What cellular camera are y’all using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
    First year using Cell Cams...I got a Bushnell CelluCORE24 and a Moultrie Delta Base.
    The Bushnell takes good pics when they upload...sometimes I won't get pics for days. Even though I know they deer have been there.
    The Moultrie works really well, and I really like the app.

Interesting. I have the original Cellucore 20 that came out last year and its been fantastic. I was thinking of getting a second one or upgrading to the 24 since i already have an account going.

I have seen multiple Tactacam’s on shelves this year but declined to make the change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
      I have 6 tatacams(X and SK models) that I use. I like the price and ease of the app.

I use to run Spypoint and always had issues with water getting in the cameras.

Can multiple cameras work off the same plan like the coverts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

SPYPOINT here. Total junk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had an early version Covert that just didn't hold up. Eventually got full of water somehow.

I bought a Spypoint Cell Link a couple years ago to run with a Browning Strike Force. It's worked pretty **** well.

Picked up the Tactacam Reveal XB with Solar Panel Battery and it's working great. If I add another camera, it will be a Tactacam.

Stolle, Tactacams all work off one account as I understand it, just not much discount on additional cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            I had an early version Covert that just didn't hold up. Eventually got full of water somehow.

I bought a Spypoint Cell Link a couple years ago to run with a Browning Strike Force. It's worked pretty **** well.

Picked up the Tactacam Reveal XB with Solar Panel Battery and it's working great. If I add another camera, it will be a Tactacam.

Stolle, Tactacams all work off one account as I understand it, just not much discount on additional cameras.

Roger that. I was happy with covert but I’ve been having issues the last year. They just quit taking pictures after a couple weeks. I’ll reset them once I’m out there and same story 3 weeks later.

Was eyeing the spy point with solar panel to test at the farm but probably spend a little more on the Tactacam.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
              Can multiple cameras work off the same plan like the coverts?

Yes! My buddy has 4 on his plan

My dad and buddy just added Spartans onto my plan last week with a total now of 12 on my app. Spartan is $199 per first camera then $60 a year for each additional one. Up to 10 per plan

Comment

I ran a covert for about 5 years before 3G went away. It still works but doesnt transmit.

I now have 2 updated Coverts and have been running them for a couple of months. I have the 10 foot booster antenna mounted on a stick of PVC attached to a t Post. Signal is always good even when I used it in the middle of nowhere between Bracketville and Rock Springs. I get good pics!

I use a solar panel to keep it charged.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Billy Bad Bass; 08-29-2022, 10:59 AM.

Comment

i have a spypoint, has been reliable, but the pic resolution is crappy. I got this one at a garage sale for $2, but I would not buy another one even at garage sale prices lol

Comment

Ok. I'm late to the party. My search feature does not work to good on the phone.
                    How much is it going to cost to get 1 camera up and running
                    I see a reveal X for $120. I would need a solar panel and an SD card. Then the unlimited viewing plan. Am I missing anything? There was a thread about a charger that does not even need you to have batteries in your camera. Is that a good idea?

Do y'all figure $ 200- 250 ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                      Ok. I'm late to the party. My search feature does not work to good on the phone.
                      How much is it going to cost to get 1 camera up and running
                      I see a reveal X for $120. I would need a solar panel and an SD card. Then the unlimited viewing plan. Am I missing anything? There was a thread about a charger that does not even need you to have batteries in your camera. Is that a good idea?

Do y'all figure $ 200- 250 ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                      Cameras are $150-200 on average

If you dont have but 1-2 cameras, your looking at $100-150 a year for the plan but an SD card and external battery source.

You get what you pay for

Comment

Does the Tactacam have a guest sign in page like covert?

Comment

Does the Tactacam have a guest sign in page like covert?

Not yet. Guy told me at TTHA show that they're working on that. I wish they did.

Comment

Not yet. Guy told me at TTHA show that they're working on that. I wish they did.
                            I've been bugging them about that since the first camera. Glad to hear

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              I've been bugging them about that since the first camera. Glad to hear

Well darn. Wonder if you can sign in to multiple devices at the same time. Share your login info?

Comment

Well darn. Wonder if you can sign in to multiple devices at the same time. Share your login info?

That's currently their solution.

I view on my phone, ipad, and computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X