Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I moved a lot of mine out of stocks into a cash positions today.... Maybe too early, but I still see a lot of risk to the down side between now and EOY. Think I'll stay conservative until after the September Fed meeting or another 10ish% market drop.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      I moved a lot of mine out of stocks into a cash positions today.... Maybe too early, but I still see a lot of risk to the down side between now and EOY. Think I'll stay conservative until after the September Fed meeting or another 10ish% market drop.
      What are you looking to come out of the Fed meeting in Sept? They ain't close to done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        What are you looking to come out of the Fed meeting in Sept? They ain't close to done yet!
        .75-1% increase and market panic/overreaction because market seems to think that they are nearly done raising... I agree they aren't done.

Comment

.75-1% increase and market panic/overreaction because market seems to think that they are nearly done raising... I agree they aren't done.
          I'm mostly cash for the same reasons you state. Went 100 percent back in January except some option playing with GME mostly and about a month ago put back some money buying 5k shares of KMI at $16.53 now at $18.50 or so. Also, this afternoon, I'll be getting $1400 in dividends from KMI and I'm up for the year. But, I'm waiting for late August/early Sept to get back in full time, maybe October. I gotta time it pretty good, strike like a cobra.

Comment

Tempted to take some profits on BBBY run-up, but think this is just the start. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	24689025

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
              Tempted to take some profits on BBBY run-up, but think this is just the start. [ATTACH]1098925[/ATTACH]
              Fed minutes are released at 1PM. If market freaks out it will tank faster than it went up. I would take out at least enough profits to BE plus 10% if it were me. My WAG

Comment

If markets rally (which they probably will) once FED says they are done raising but plan to hold steady with the new higher rates that will be stupid.

IMO - Earning will continue to go downhill with higher rates over the next 6-18 months. How can inflation be tamed and drop to 3% if markets stay near all time highs?

No way inflation is coming down yet. I don't see any pain anywhere. Everyone around me is spending like money grows on trees. Stocks moving like people are gambling their rears off also. Like BBBY

In the 80's it took a long time after rates peaked for the markets to hit bottom. No idea what trickery the FED is pulling this time though. I hear they are not even selling as much as they said they would be. Maybe they are saying they're dumping but are buying and vice versa. Became the worlds biggest pump and dumpers LOL

Comment

I’m taking a shot on some BBBY. Has potential to jump like GameStop did. I was late to the party so I I didn’t buy any.
                  Hope you got out of BBBY Trading at $10.40 afterhours today.

Comment

Tempted to take some profits on BBBY run-up, but think this is just the start. [ATTACH]1098925[/ATTACH]
                    Hope you got out.

Comment

Man it is hard not to buy Southwest sub $38, but holding off for now.... I keep reminding myself to stay liquid.... but I WANT TO BUY BUY BUY....

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Time to buy again maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Man, I had my trigger finger on 20 puts but didn't pull it. Oh, well, next time.

Comment

Picked up 4,000 more shares of MPC at $59. Sitting at $101 today and predicted to go even more. Tight hold for me

Comment

I am up 9% in my Roth TSP account since July 1. I was down 7.17% from May 31 - June 30.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                Time to buy again maybe!
                                Man, I agree, I just bought 60 calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X