Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Opinions on Ozone Generators (Ozonics) for Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    I Hogs I noticed it didn’t work on. If they got downwind they were gone.

Same here....Rob at Sniper Hog Lights echoed the same sentiment on here. I think they are smelling the ozone and bolt...much like my deer ....or at least I think the deer bolted for that reason. I couldn't get them to answer me...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Very useful information. Thanks for your contribution…

I believe they work. As has already been said, I have had better luck with them in a blind versus on a tree stand.
      YOU are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
        on a different note, when the deer smell cigars and hear beers opening from my stand they know it's going to be a good day and there will be plenty of extra corn on the ground. those smells and noises mean i'm by myself and i aint shooting and probably the gun is in the truck.
        All-some!!!!!

Comment

Here's what I think when people spend 300
          They want to think it works. Hell Michael i have one aty camp you could have. I don't know about the batteries

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one and sold it. Way more trouble than what it’s worth. It may work, it may not, but it’s not needed and just a gimmick IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Does it? Whatcha got rifle boy
              Yep! I don’t even bow hunt! Just a sorry rifle hunter using an Ozonics

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                I’ve known passthrough for years and I know for a fact all he kills is runts. I remember how excited he was that one time he shot a 3.5 year old 132” because he thought it would net P&Y.
                Someday you’ll kill a big deer in Grayson too

All in good fun dudes. Ozonics is kinda like scent wash clothing. Some hate it. Some swear by it. Think for most it’s a feel good type product.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Ozone degrades elastic. I ozoned my hunting clothes to include underwear and now my skivvies wont stay up.

Good luck Michael.
                  This^^

Ruined a couple pair of ExOfficio's underpants. Expensive lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Based on experience or just skepticism of the technology?
                    I borrowed the one I used for 6 days used once a day for either a morning or evening hunt, I switched it up every day. I was Hunting out of a Make shift ground blind. Every hunt I had deer that were 3 yards away out to 30 and I noticed No difference either way . The wind blew every day and none of the deer spooked and there were at minimum of 20 deer within 15 yds. The mature Wt bucks never came closer than 15 yds but that’s what one would expect from a mature deer! I had Mature Axis bucks within 5 yards and No ozonix with the wind swirling and never got busted. I’ve only been scented 14-16 times in my 46 yrs of hunting and I have been very blessed to hunt a lot. I don’t use any of those gimmicks but I do use the natural cover scents in the particular area/ area’s I’m hunting! Dirt works well along with cedar , crushed up oak leaves, sage just whatever is in the area.

Just my experience and my opinion on Gimmicks!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Someday you’ll kill a big deer in Grayson too

All in good fun dudes. Ozonics is kinda like scent wash clothing. Some hate it. Some swear by it. Think for most it’s a feel good type product.
                      Yes….maybe some day he just might! Use what makes you feel good is right!

Comment

Had one for a few yrs and it seemed like it may help, but wasnt sure. So one day at a lease in Harper the wind was blowing perfectly to the feeder. I decided to see once and for all and sit in the blind. I closed all windows in the popup except the one facing the feeder. Put ozonics above the window. Feeder was about 25yds away. Deer came but occasionally would act nervous. I hadnt charged the battery lately, after quite a while of watching the deer ( Im thinking at least 30min, but my memory is bad ) I heard the fan stop, the battery was dead.

Within seconds the deer FREAKED OUT. Turned inside out and busted out of there in a cloud of dust.

As others have alluded, its not perfect, but it helps if you use it right.

Comment

No one spends more time in a blind close to mature big deer than Lance Krueger photographing them and he swears by them.

I've had mixed results with them.

I was in the gimmick camp until Lance told me about how well they work for him. I've had the experience with them being directly downwind with no problems and with it seemingly having no effect so, dont know what to tell you.

It's not a foolproof system, but ive seen it make a difference.

Comment

I have had numerous experiences using one in a blind similar to descriptions above. There is no denying they work at killing/masking human scent. I also like to ozone “wash” smelly boots/shoes/hats; I have revived some items that had an awful smell that way.

Best experience for me was in my truck though. Got in there with a serious case of swamp-a$s and a few days later the smell was unbearable. Ran my ozonics and left the truck running and it cleared it right up.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                              I think it makes a noticeable difference if you are bow hunting from an enclosed blind, and have the ozonics running on the downwind side of the blind. I have killed savy low fence bucks in 2020 and 2021 - in October (90 degrees w/ the wind blowing over their approach) that I think would have smelled me w/o the ozonics.

They checked the air -smelled something that made them pause - but came in. I think they would have stopped, smelled, and took off, if I was not running the machine.

I think I have enough of a sample size using, and not using it, that I would say it does work - but is not a fail safe.

If I run the ozonics inside an enclosed blind w/ the windows closed - it makes me sick.
                              This is exactly what I have experienced in multiple years of using them. I have seen old does put their noses up like they could smell something but couldn’t pin it down or didn’t associate it with danger.

I have also noticed that it works significantly better in an elevated blind. We elevate all blinds, even pop ups at least 5 feet. We had two spots we were trying that had blinds on the ground. The deer and hogs definitely reacted to scent more at those blinds.

Comment

I’ve used them for many years. For me they have worked with many deer directly downwind and not getting busted. Mainly use it in blinds dropping ozone out my front window.

Comment

Working...
                                X