No announcement yet.

2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you all order seeds and planter onions from?

I'm wanting to plant some green onions.

Comment

Explore Grow Hoss for high-quality gardening tools, seeds, and supplies. Enhance your gardening journey with products that will help you with home gardening.

Comment

This where I ordered mine from.

Comment

My seeds came in and I’ve got tomatoes, peppers, onions and herbs seeds started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think with this good deep rain right now you might cheat and put some seed in the ground and hop it don’t freeze in 30 days

Comment

Well Geoff, my bride and I sat down and took a big leap of faith last night and ordered seeds and other equipment from Hoss Tools expecting that we are eventually going to get to plant... She also picked up 10 pounds of seed taters at the feed store on Saturday... Now all we gotta do is catch a break from the rain... But then it's been steady raining here at the house since about 10:30 AM this morning... Nothing heavy, just what would be a perfect rain falling slowly with little wind... IF WE NEEDED IT!!

Seeds are supposed to be here by week's end. will get them planted hopefully this weekend in the starter trays and get them watered and under the grow lights! Got our fingers crossed and all Prayed up on the matter... We'll see!!
              Good luck everyone!

Comment

This year I am wanting to start a large Garden 100x100 here at the house... Pasture has had horses goats and chickens till about 2 months ago. I Plan to till next week. I HAVENT ever started from seeds but usually just plants. any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  In for the info…
                  X2, always learn things worth knowing from these posts.

Comment

Instead of tilling this year, I am laying paper and cardboard and putting mushroom compost on top. Dressing with mulch for the paths.

Tilled last year for our first time garden and lost the battle with pasture seeds. Tilling just keeps bringing new seeds to the surface.

Have tomatoes and peppers started in the garage under lights. Picked up seed potatoes today for playing mid-late Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      I think with this good deep rain right now you might cheat and put some seed in the ground and hop it don’t freeze in 30 days
                      Glad to hear someone is getting some rain, we’ve been dry for quite a while now. Our next chance of precipitation will be Wednesday and Thursday and it’s liable to be frozen. Here in north Texas we are a long way from getting past our last frost.
                      Supposed to get down around 13° on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                        This year I am wanting to start a large Garden 100x100 here at the house... Pasture has had horses goats and chickens till about 2 months ago. I Plan to till next week. I HAVENT ever started from seeds but usually just plants. any tips?
                        This is my first year starting seeds so I’m right there with you. I wanted to raise mostly heirloom vegetables this year and I don’t know of anyone that sells them already started so I though it would be fun to try.
                        As far as tips go, I’m just watching a lot of YouTube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                          Did that and fought weeds for 2 years... placed leaves in rows last year and was better. but I hate weeding... might try paper or the like this go around

Comment

The very best thing you can do to organically control weeds is to amend your soil ever how you need to to create a proper growing place for the plants you want to grow, then completely cover it with silage tarps in the off-season... This will not only prevent weeds from sprouting/growing, but will kill many of the seeds AND will prevent any seeds from being added to the "seed bank" Uncover it, till (if that's what you do), and plant... leaf and/or oak natural mulch the isles if you want, then at the end of the season, remove all the plants from the plot (to remove any potential diseases that may have been introduced and eggs/larval stages of insects that may over-winter in the plot. Till it and cover it again... doing this for 2 or 3 years will yield a plot that is almost weed-free!

For more on this go here: https://hosstools.com/?s=Silage+Tarp...t_type=product

Here's a great video that is worth the watch showing how to use the tarps to control weeds, moisture and enhance your soil.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuZQntDBBgo"]THE EASY WAY TO GET YOUR GARDEN READY FOR SPRING! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Just bought a variety of beautiful heirloom tomatoes from HEB today and it got me itching to get some seeds and get started for this spring!

Comment

I finally tilled all my gardening spots yesterday. Hopefully this cold weather will take care of the large section of ground I didn’t have covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X