Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copper87 View Post
    Ok my story is off they were found in different areas about to post some close ups
    Copper

Beautiful collection. From the pics so far they look fake because they are all so perfect. Not saying they are but they just appear that way a first sight. Can't wait to see more pics. Those are some beautiful arrowheads.

Comment

they might be.. loading pics now stay tuned..alot of them still have dirt in the chiped areas not saying much

Comment

Here we go close ups and some other pics tell me what ya think..some of the labels might be off they have shifted around a bit i think

Comment

Comment

Awesome points Cooper... Without actually holding them and looking at them under magnification it would be hard to tell if they are authentic. I do see what looks like a lot of fresh hinges and some of the flutes/flaking look weird but could be the pictures. Some look 100% dead on, also!!! I would have them papered. If all real your Father is looking at 100s of thousands.

Comment

Thanks for your input realthreat..your right you would have to hold them and see them in person

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Wow I dont know much except from following most of Gar Guys thread and looking at other threads that come up, but if those are real..... That is almost too incredible to understand

Comment

Found near the North Llano River. Hmmm...can't upload pictures.

Comment

A little help on what these might be. The brown one has blue/gray spots in it

Comment

No help from me maybe garguy will check it out

Comment

Wondering what these were. Most have the same basic shape. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374627618.858709.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	24223197
                          Also found this in Webb county and thought it was pretty cool.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374627676.948239.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	24223198
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                            Wondering what these were. Most have the same basic shape. [ATTACH]521237[/ATTACH]
                            Also found this in Webb county and thought it was pretty cool.
                            Thanks.
                            Tortuga is the triangle, abasolo are the teardrop and lerma are the ones that are pointed on both ends where you really can't tell the tip from the base. The diamond shaped one might be a desmuke or a modified abasolo.

Comment

Surface find in Rocksprings, any idea?

Looks like they used the heck out of this point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arrowhead 1.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24223395

Comment

Martindale maybe^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X