Officially worst week ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially worst week ever!!

Well, Tuesday night I arrived home from work to find my house flooded. The supply line to the toilet tank and broke right at the tank. The hallway carpet was saturated, the carpet in my living room was saturated and the water made it to my entryway where the linoleum was almost floating, my youngest daughter had water in her bedroom, and our master bedroom and bathroom had water in it. My oldest daughters made it out unscathed. My house is a complete disaster right now. Just wonderful. Wednesday evening my wifes car started running like crap. Awesome I'm thinking, what else can go wrong. So we limp it home and call a buddy that owns his own mechanic shop. He picks it up Thursday morning and takes it to his shop. He calls later that morning and says the timing belt is old and needs to be replaced. Crap i'm thinking, i know what that entails, and he says the battery is shot as well. My wifes Pilot has 180k on it and runs like a top. Until now. So, lets fix it I tell him. We pick it up Thursday night, and now it runs like brand new. Didnt need that expense right now. Now the really crappy part. This morning we decided to go ahead and ease the pain of my dog Tahoe. He was 10+ years old and skin tumors/cancer that we progressing very rapid. He also had lost feeling in his back legs and was having a hard time walking. We didnt want him to suffer any longer. This morning we said goodbye.

So its been a hell of a week for my family. We are thankful that my wife's parents live in town, and we have invaded their house until we get ours figured out. We have 3 dehumidifiers and 20 fans running now. We are getting close to getting dried out. But tomorrow we may have to open a couple more walls. People say "things happen in three's." So here's our "three's." Only positive things can happen from here on out. I'm done letting not so positive things happen. Keeping my head up and marching on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Keep your head up. Things will turn around for you

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
      Keep your head up. Things will turn around for you
      I am brother. Trying to turn this into a positive and make 2019 even better than 2018!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry bro, you guys hang in there! Give me a shout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have rubbed elbows some time or another, this is when a man has to step up, let family know y'all going to make it through this with ease, we will say a prayer for y'all at supper.

Comment

I’m sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry about your pup, and all the other hell going on.

Prayer sent for you.

Comment

Hang in there champ. Sometimes it seems over whelming. You will get through those challenges. Just remember: "Life, is a matter of what you compare it with."

Sorry to hear about the pup.

Comment

Can always get worse

Comment

Wow! Sorry for all your problems. I'll say a prayer for you.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.
                      Prayers up for You & The Family.

Comment

Hang in there brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Into every life a little rain will fall...
                          Sometimes followed by damaging winds and hail.

But, the sun always rises.

Here's to better days.

Comment

Hang in there. I know first hand what you’re going through. Just now started to rebuild from the flood (we lost everything) and still fighting with the insurance company [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]. During this time I lost my buddy and miss him every day. Prayers sent

Comment

I feel your pain I had one of those weeks also, not as rough but definitely one of the worst in a long time. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X