Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard Trump was High Fencing the whole country. So everyone will be hunting HF in the future..

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      I don’t believe high fencing is good land stewardship (bad for ecosystems), but there’s not much I can do about it & most people simply don’t care.

The hunting ethics part of it could (& has been) argued for years. No ones really going to change anyone’s mind on that part.
      Same with supplemental feeders

Comment

Never hunted a HF, but I would think it would be more sport trying to kill a 7.5 year old buck in a hf than a 3.5 year old lf fence deer that comes to a feeder like clockwork.

Comment

I don’t believe high fencing is good land stewardship (bad for ecosystems), but there’s not much I can do about it & most people simply don’t care.

The hunting ethics part of it could (& has been) argued for years. No ones really going to change anyone’s mind on that part.
          Any research to support our belief?

Comment

How about a forum for left hand shooters who have had a hip replacement and hardly ever hunt anymore?

That would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll hunt animals literally anywhere. I don't care what kind of fence it has. Dumb animals that make it easy for me are enjoyable as well. I like to shoot stuff with arrows.

Comment

If its so hard to hunt high fence places ya'll should tear them down and make it easier on yourself to kill a deer!! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Comment

Are we talking about shooting animals or hunting animals......big difference. The fence height has nothing to do with that aspect of it.

Comment

There is a lot of research on the negative effects of corn feeders. Food source is poor- nothing more than candy. Also put deer eating off the ground where other deer have been around and deficated. Every deer feeder I’ve been around also has high volume of dedication in close proximity. I visited a HF place with massive food plots and no concentrated feeding areas. Chap is high fenced all native browse. I would just be guessing but both of above are better for animals than 90% of LF places being hunted. If you guys want to argue about deer health- Stop using feeders, go out and plant native browse plants, provide water, etc. otherwise your argument sounds like nothing more than jealous rant. I’ve seen guys on here bash guys hunting HF and then post their excitement of being drawn on the Chap. Why put in if your so against HF hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      I would feel claustrophobic inside a high fence forum. Who would the mods let in? How would you get out if you didn't like it? Too many questions, not enough answers.
                      A tree or a flood bound to let you out sometime or other, but you might get cold and hungry......

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        More importantly , who cares. How does another man hunting a high fence place affect you? Exactly.
                        This ^^^^^^. Everbody jis chill.......

Comment

yep, that's where i've come around to.

Comment

More importantly , who cares. How does another man hunting a high fence place affect you? Exactly.

It only matters when they hunt your stand with your permission then kill a decent but not the biggest deer. Then lie where they killed ur then you get mad that he hunted one of the stands you gave him permission to!!!!!!

Comment

Have you not seen the drama on the public land thread?

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                                It only matters when they hunt your stand with your permission then kill a decent but not the biggest deer. Then lie where they killed ur then you get mad that he hunted one of the stands you gave him permission to!!!!!!

Bingo!

Comment

Working...
                                X