No announcement yet.

neck shots with gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

directly in front of shoulder middle of neck. instant drop. wife and I use .223's. no meat loss to speak of. we are sausage people not trophy dudes. total 136 deer,elk,pigs and none ran away. practice,practice,practice.

Comment

Do most of my management with a 22-250, mostly neck shots like this one this evening. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	24556060
      Won’t take a neck shot unless I have a good rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        Not much meat on the shoulder. Shoot there. I know many people have seen deer jaws blown on and they run away. Just my opinion
        this. plus the neck meat is better anyway.

Comment

I am a neck shooter, I was taught this method from day 1 of hunting. I prefer side shots and anywhere on the neck. I will choose dead center of the neck(between head/shoulder) if I have a choice. I am not a fan of having to shoot the neck from front view or rear view, I like the side even at an angle. I have been hunting about 35 years now, my first deer was a heart shot and I lost him, found him the following day after the yotes picked him clean. I had read in magazines that this was the best shot etc. After that I listened to my father/grand father and went to the neck and they are DRT.

Comment

I prefer them looking right at me and putting it right in the throat patch
            This is what I like also, but would prefer to have a real solid rest and the animal to be less than 100 yards

Comment

Working...
            X