Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
    Anyone going to try and face the weather this weekend out west to hunt? On the fence about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking like it could be a flood out.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
      Thanks. We are about 3 miles south of christoval on the east side of 277

man what a few miles makes in the part of the world. i'm off 915 between Eldorado and Mertzon and we don't have body size that big. great deer.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
        man what a few miles makes in the part of the world. i'm off 915 between Eldorado and Mertzon and we don't have body size that big. great deer.

This deer was also known 6.5 + and has had protein for the last 3 years. He weighed 170 on the hoof. I just figured that was average for the area.

Comment

Anyone going to try and face the weather this weekend out west to hunt? On the fence about it.

Most every will be at our camp. RWC and I are heading that way tonight

Comment

I wasn’t because of kid functions sat and mon but if monday gets cancelled I may try to hunt the cold sun-tues. it’s a long shot but we shall see

Comment

I will be heading out there Friday night. Conditions are less than ideal with the rain in the forecast and way too many acorns on the ground, but beats sitting at home. Trying to stay optimistic with the cooler temps.

Comment

Headed to Concho county in the morning. Not the way you draw it up but cold beer and college football will help pass the time if its a rainout.

Comment

This deer was also known 6.5 + and has had protein for the last 3 years. He weighed 170 on the hoof. I just figured that was average for the area.

from the picture, i would have never guessed 170. he looks heavier. oh well, quite the deer. nothing like sticking an old wily buck.

Comment

Well I was thinking about heading up to the lease in Talpa Sat-Mon but now that 5.5 hr drive seems kinda pointless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is one of the wettest Octobers that I can ever remember.

Comment

Looks like a good weekend to watch some college football......

Comment

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post
                          Well I was thinking about heading up to the lease in Talpa Sat-Mon but now that 5.5 hr drive seems kinda pointless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          deer still move in wet weather. unless your place has the possibility of flash floods or locking you in. then, don't risk it.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                            deer still move in wet weather. unless your place has the possibility of flash floods or locking you in. then, don't risk it.

Sure they do but tearing up lease roads for the landowner and getting mud in every nook and cranny of the cabin and vehicles is less than ideal considering all the acorns and green on the ground and low feeder activity. I have done my time in the rain....and its a hard pass for me unless there is a stoopid big deer on camera and even then its questionable. Light rain/drizzle sure ....Heavy rain....no thanks..
                            Last edited by Smart; 10-12-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Sure they do but tearing up lease roads for the landowner and getting mud in every nook and cranny of the cabin and vehicles is less than ideal considering all the acorns and green on the ground and low feeder activity. I have done my time in the rain....and its a hard pass for me unless there is a stoopid big deer on camera and even then its questionable. Light rain/drizzle sure ....Heavy rain....no thanks..
                              same.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                                same.

Killed 3 of my biggest bucks in rainy wet weather. I think I’m going this weekend.
                                I understand the thoughts and distance some live from their leases so I see it both ways too,but I’m still going!

Congrats on the buck,he’s a great looking buck!!!
                                Did y’all have a lot of acorns on the ground when you killed him?

Comment

Working...
                                X