No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I love fishing and putting food in the freezer! Got everything vacuum sealed before heading into work night shift.Click image for larger version

Name:	57282355216__212B787F-DFAD-45C5-B475-944F34C2895C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	24571794Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4487.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24571795

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Can’t beat days on the water [emoji1612]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really don't like fishing in the cold but everyone looks to be having good days so I went out today after work. Was able to scratch one out probably 3 1/2-4lbs

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Some really cool pics

Comment

Back at it with a hawg riverbass [emoji1612]

Comment

everything kayak

I can’t believe I am posting this but arthritis is beginning to take its toll. Currently this is cross posted because I want to get back on the water...

We are looking for someone who has a 10’ kayak that would like to trade up to the very stable Ascent FS12T even. It is becoming more and more difficult for me to load/unload by myself. Currently it is in POC but tomorrow we will be taking it back to BCS.

I have reinforced the keel and seat well, added an anchor trolley, EVA to the deck and I have all four blue scupper plugs. There is some oyster rash but nothing major. Ideally I would like to trade for another Ascent 10T or a Pelican Catch 100.

Michael

Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 07-02-2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                I can’t believe I am posting this but arthritis is beginning to take its toll. Currently this is cross posted because I want to get back on the water...

We are looking for someone who has a 10’ kayak that would like to trade up to the very stable Ascent FS12T even. It is becoming more and more difficult for me to load/unload by myself. Currently it is in POC but tomorrow we will be taking it back to BCS.

I have reinforced the keel and seat well, added an anchor trolley, EVA to the deck and I have all four blue scupper plugs. There is some oyster rash but nothing major. Ideally I would like to trade for another Ascent 10T or a Pelican Catch 100.

Michael

Darn auto correct...Ascend Kayak, not ascent

Michael

Comment

Great thread! Kayak fishing has grown extremely popular and manufacturers are stepping it up big time. Do lots of research before you buy. Read what you can find on choosing your first kayak. Austin kayak has so much to look at and that may help you some. I agree that customizing your kayak to suit your needs is part of the fun. If you see people at gas station with a big fishing kayak, ask and most love to share their thoughts and opinions. Be careful!! Have fun !!

Comment

I have decided to sell my Ascend FS12T and just run my SUP or my brides kayak. I will take $250 for it to someone here. Will cross post it for $350. The TBH price is half of what they go for used online.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      I have decided to sell my Ascend FS12T and just run my SUP or my brides kayak. I will take $250 for it to someone here. Will cross post it for $350. The TBH price is half of what they go for used online.

Michael

It is sold pending funds

Michael

Comment

Newbie questions

I want to get a kayak for crappie fishing, not sure what I should get though. I would like to keep it in the $500-1k range price wise just because I've never kayak fished so not sure how I'll like it, I think I will love it, but we'll see.

couple I was looking at
                        Ascend 128T
                        Pelican catch 120

Are there better options in this price range?

Another question I have is about the length, 10' or 12' length, what are the advantages of either and which do you prefer for fishing lakes?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                          Another question I have is about the length, 10' or 12' length, what are the advantages of either and which do you prefer for fishing lakes?
                          The 12' will track better than the 10'. That means the nose will stay straight with every left and right paddle sway. Keeps you going in a straight path with less hassle.
                          Both the kayaks you mentioned are great.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                            Newbie questions

I want to get a kayak for crappie fishing, not sure what I should get though. I would like to keep it in the $500-1k range price wise just because I've never kayak fished so not sure how I'll like it, I think I will love it, but we'll see.

couple I was looking at
                            Ascend 128T
                            Pelican catch 120

Are there better options in this price range?

If you are looking for used, I might have just what you need. Wilderness systems ride 135, high seat, paddle and leash. It's a little longer at 13'6" but it tracks really well and is really good in larger bodies of water.

I really liked it but bought a different one. I see you are in Princeton, so we might be able to meet somewhere and you can test it out if you like. Send me a pm if you might be interested.

Comment

Got my first yak a couple of weeks ago and loving it, gonna keep it in the lakes around the house and go hunting some redfish in june!
                              Attached Files

Comment

I see questions about size. What do you want to carry and how big are you?
                                12' is a great smaller size and will accommodate most folks from small to bigger. I have owned at least one quality 12' that with me at 175# and a small but semi heavy ice chest had me pointing upwards and the rear almost under so it varies. (that one was MantaRay) I owned the Ride mentioned above and super stable but do not turn sideways to a wave. Pontoon style design might roll you. ( I loved that Ride though.) Hobie is so pricey but man they are great. I current have an Outback. I think I like Revolution more and owned the big boy Island 16'. Several yaks I feel need a trailer. My 12' Pompano is so easy to load on a rack, tracks well and carry's a lot. It is basically a Wilderness System Tarpon 12 rebranded for West Marine. Cheap and awesome. Academy sold the similar Pescador 12' (Perception). Great low cost yaks. I Obvious like yaks. Just getting started so will stop. Fun. Try several. Own at least 2 or 3 or

Comment

Working...
                                X