No announcement yet.

Roundup (glyphosate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do (would) you spray gly on your personal backyard garden that your children eat from?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Type 2 Diabetes, the most common, 100% preventable, number 1 cause our food. The ADA list foods/meals on their website for those with diabetes. These foods/meals have been shown to cause or hasten diabetes .
      Today's food is no healthier than smoking a cigarette.
      The amount of plastic in food, is mind boggling in itself.
      No regulatory commission of the US government cares about your health.
      The biggest problem is Americans as a whole, simply do not care.!
      Not to hyjack but the mention of plastics in our food is something stunning to consider. I don’t think a lot of people realize this. And you touching on diabetes. It has become standard practice after heart surgeries to try and get people on insulin and declare them diabetics. They tried this with my dad. He was never diabetic. But after my uncle’s recent surgery, he fell for it.

Comment

I guess glyphosate doesn’t cause cancer after all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dealt with this at my last job concerning California Prop 65. There is a safe use determination or SUD that determines how much exposure meets their unsafe criteria.

Q. What is a Safe Use Determination (SUD)?
          A. A Safe Use Determination (SUD) is a written statement issued by OEHHA, which interprets and applies Proposition 65 and its implementing regulations to a specific set of facts in response to a request by a business or a trade group. Requests for SUDs seek OEHHA’s determination whether an exposure or discharge of a listed chemical resulting from specific business actions or the average use of a specific product is subject to the warning requirement or discharge prohibition. The SUD determines if the discharge or exposure is at or below the Safe Harbor number. Regulations setting out the requirements for requesting a SUD are found in Title 27, California Code of Regulations, section 25204.

Look at every package you buy and there is probably a Prop 65 warning on it. If you research the items on the list they include aspirin, cokes, beer, whiskey and hundred of other things we come into contact with. If used safely and follow direction you should not have a problem.

Chlorine in a pool is a good thing. It keeps the pool clean and safe for your family. You would not swim in a pool with too much chlorine in it. Just common sense.

Comment

These new lawsuits, about roundup make me think of my buddies that would be on flagging teams for crop dusters, and would have roundup rain on them literally all day every day

Comment

I have no skin in this game, but I will say living in a standard cookie cutter urban neighborhood me and my wife are quickly realizing the amount of food we can grow organically in our backyard in such a small space. All it takes is the manpower to get out there and take care of it......something most people have no desire to do.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                These new lawsuits, about roundup make me think of my buddies that would be on flagging teams for crop dusters, and would have roundup rain on them literally all day every day
                Yep and when we were kids we used to run out there and chase the planes. I personally don't know anyone that has cancer yet from this.

I think it is more bs to line lawyer pockets.

I do think that home use is more dangerous than the farmers. People go buy 2qts at walmart and mix way more than supposed to. Get a rain on it washes down the street and all ends up in someones water supply.

My 2 cents.

Comment

FIRE - Mother Nature knows best!

Comment

There have been countless studies proving that glyphosate does not cause cancer, and the lawsuits are coming from California. That is all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                      There have been countless studies proving that glyphosate does not cause cancer, and the lawsuits are coming from California. That is all you need to know.
                      Ah California again

My buddies had 55gal drums of roundup in their barns, all being sprayed on rice
                      And sometimes their clothes would be dripping, I also wonder how much exposure we got in the water down the canals and flooded ponds after the spray wagons would come
                      Or if cotton defoliant is dangerous

I guess this is why the greens keeper would freak out when we would sneak in to fish the ponds at the golf course
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-15-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I am too close to the fire. Both sides of you guys are making valid points even if you find yourself being on the Snowflakes perspective side for the 1st time in ur life. I’m not a fan of Monsanto or Cancer either. I’m nearing the end of my farming career and have sprayed these chemicals all my life. I don’t believe current world populations can be fed with what’s known currently if we lean towards organic. We can try if that’s what u want, But risk a global die off, again Neither side of this argument is totally wrong. History will let us know

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                          I am too close to the fire. Both sides of you guys are making valid points even if you find yourself being on the Snowflakes perspective side for the 1st time in ur life. I’m not a fan of Monsanto or Cancer either. I’m nearing the end of my farming career and have sprayed these chemicals all my life. I don’t believe current world populations can be fed with what’s known currently if we lean towards organic. We can try if that’s what u want, But risk a global die off, again Neither side of this argument is totally wrong. History will let us know
                          Farmdog I agree organic isn’t the answer, if a famine ever happens because of crop failure who are the snowflakes going to blame?

And Monsanto and their technology fee’s and the following legal issues over those fees should have been stopped decades ago
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-15-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Those Tech fees, equipment prices,outrageous seed and fertilizer cost inputs that seem to magically adjust with the markets...I’m paranoid...keep us Slaves to Monsanto and John Deer. There are chemicals way stronger than these being discussed being sprayed on produce since the American housewife freaks out at the sight of a worm or worm damage. That’s a good starting point, make yourself eat slightly damaged produce and our world will get just a tiny bit safer. It will still need to be sprayed to make it to harvest, just not as much

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Those Tech fees, equipment prices,outrageous seed and fertilizer cost inputs that seem to magically adjust with the markets...I’m paranoid...keep us Slaves to Monsanto and John Deer. There are chemicals way stronger than these being discussed being sprayed on produce since the American housewife freaks out at the sight of a worm or worm damage. That’s a good starting point, make yourself eat slightly damaged produce and our world will get just a tiny bit safer. It will still need to be sprayed to make it to harvest, just not as much
                              Yep slaves to Monsanto, my buddies farm had to pay over $400,000 per year in patent seed and chemicals
                              And the huge rice lobbying from Arkansas and sugar cane from Florida made the farm under the gun always

Comment

I wish I could spend the next 4 hours posting scientific journals and studies proving the glyphosate is SAFE, but my time is limited.

Keep in mind - juries do not decide scientific fact.
                                Personal experiences are not scientific evidence.

The one study out of over a thousand on glysophate's toxicity that said it might be carcinogenic was the IARC, an arm of the World Health Organization.

Here's a link to what IARC said. Keep in mind, this is the same group that said red meat is probably carcinogenic.

The IARC was also defunded by the US / EPA because of questionable testing methodology. Furthermore, IARC refuses to disclose funding sources, which are widely believed to be environmental groups such as Earth Liberation Front and Environmental Working Group (which was also defunded by EPA due to unethical research).

"No health organization in the world considers glyphosate to be a cancer risk to humans at the levels humans are exposed to it." - Health Canada

EPA reaffirmed that glyphosate does not cause cancer in April 2019.

Another thing with the 3 "glyphosate cases" ...
                                Each of the plaintiffs has had health / exposure history which makes other factors much more likely contributing to their cancer development. Pilliods' health history is packed with factors predisposing them to NHL. Hardeman's hepatitis B, and Johnson's UV exposure and living in the vicinity of oil wells are known factors weakening immune system and/ or making susceptible to cancer.

There's a ton more stuff on it and if I have time I'll go pull it.

Comment

Working...
                                X