2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Haha that’s funny Johnny. Where is the guy that was talking about Springer not being worth a long extension and was way down on Brantley with his injury history at the start of the season???

I’m gonna need him to talk some **** about Altuve now if he is still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm right here. I got $100.00 that says the Astros don't resign Springer.

Comment

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Originally posted by El General View Post

Oh I don’t necessarily disagree with your take. With his age and everything else I would tend to agree with what the analytics tell us. He is playing out of his mind though and destroying off speed stuff this year which has been a problem in the past. If he keeps it up I could see an extension similar to Bregman. Eat up the last two year and something like 4 for 75 million. The only reason I think they could sign him is because if his production and the fact he Is the glue guy of that locker room/ team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Define resign. I may be inclined to take your bet. I think what got you, was saying that his best days were already behind him. What we are seeing shows he hasnt peaked yet. This isnt just a hot streak. He has been doing this all season long. I think it shows signs of him maturing as a hitter.

After going 5-for-5 with two homers on Mother's Day, Astros outfielder George Springer is off to the best start of his career, and he won co-American League Player of the Week honors for those efforts. He now owns a .323/.400/.652 slash line, with 15 home runs in just 42 games
        Last edited by rtp; 05-14-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Define resign. I may be inclined to take your bet. I think what got you, was saying that his best days were already behind him. What we are seeing shows he hasnt peaked yet. This isnt just a hot streak. He has been doing this all season long. I think it shows signs of him maturing as a hitter.
          Springer will be a free agent after the 2020 season and I don't think the Astros will resign him, though last winter's free agent market made that much more likely than it was a year ago that he could sign a short extension for three years or so for his age 31-33 seasons.

Comment

These guys are just crushing this year. Cant wait for Altuve to join in on the fun doing Altuve stuff.

Comment

Good start!

Comment

CC with the jimmy jack

Comment

Be careful. I lost $100 on that Tiger Woods fella

Comment

I will take that bet...$100.

Confirm your acceptance.

Comment

Marwin who?😂

Comment

We are getting spoiled again!

Comment

Meh springer inside the park hr!

Comment

Baseball 101 alert. We’re killing them right now. Devo or Framber might pitch later

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              Baseball 101 alert. We’re killing them right now. Devo or Framber might pitch later
                              Or McStruggles.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Or McStruggles.
                                Yep, and now Framber. It’s called low leverage innings for the uninformed 😉😂

Comment

Working...
                                X