No announcement yet.

What's your side hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My side hustle is a fishing guide business on Buchanan. I have a young kid that now runs the majority of trips. Do I need it no. Do I like the write-offs and extra cash heck yeah. Usually make around 8-10K. Not much but not bad. Better than my boat sitting idle in storage.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      I’m not bashing side hustle I’m simply stating there are plenty of careers out there that offer more than enough compensation to live a healthy lifestyle without REQUIRING a side job. Wanting an requiring are two different things. I’m simply stating if you take a job that REQUIRES you to get a second job to do anything outside of just pay your necessity bills I’d recommend to any young person starting out be diligent and patient there are plenty of good jobs that will allow you to do everything you want and only require you to work for them, and don’t require a college education. That’s ALL I’m trying to say i know there’s plenty of variables in life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I didnt think you were bashing and I agree with you.

Comment

I fly guide in Colorado and New Mexico on the side.

Unfortunately, I've never been hired and don't plan to be. But the tax write-offs are great.

I sell stuff on eBay.

Comment

Primary, fulltime job is an ER nurse where I work 3 days/week. My side job where I work 2 days/week (from home) is as a Nurse Paralegal. It pays for hunting and extra stuff and keeps me from getting bored/annoying the hubby being at home 4 days/week (he works from home FT).

Comment

I wouldn’t say that I do anything extra, but I do like to invest. My money works for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              I work the glory hole at Love’s Truck stop #69.

Extra thin partitions between stalls?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Here lately I've been inspecting proper fitment of yoga pants and blue jeans on the xx chromosome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Or the XXL

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  My side hustle is also my job. I’m in sales so a 70hr week is nothing. No time for a side hustle.
                  Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  35 hrs working and the other 35 on the golf course doesn’t count as 70 hrs
                  I was gonna say the same thing. If you’re in sales and you’re working 70 hours a week, you’re the hardest working salesman I’ve ever met. Unless you’re sellin cars....but that really isn’t sales, it’s order taking.

Comment

The things I do on the side I enjoy, I just happen to have decided to get paid to do it to an extent. There's nothing wrong with making money off of a hobby, or picking how much you want to work at something for emergency money, throw away cash or whatever.

Comment

I don’t have a side hustle but always looking, my wife does professional photography and it’s been a blessing for us, kinda feel bad when her side hustle is more profitable than my m-f

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                        No side hustle for me, just my main hustle.... for extra $$ I Wait for the plant to schedule a turnaround then work 12 hours a day for 20 to 50 days straight .

I forgot about that.
                        I’m starting one on Monday, should be decent OT for a couple of months.[emoji106]

Comment

Feeding the world

[ATTACH]950000[/ATTACH]

Comment

Feeding the world

[ATTACH]950001[/ATTACH]

Comment

Also with my side gig I am helping a good kid get through med school. He works hard and during the summer and spring breaks and weekends he makes around 10-12k including tips. That makes me feel good as well

Comment

I had a high school education ( barely ) had i not worked two jobs for a few years i would never have been able to start my own business, I always wanted some of the finer things in life, boats, ranches, lake homes, mountain homes, once in a lifetime hunting trips, etc., I could not have acquired those things working a 9-5 with some occasional overtime. As long as you are happy it really does not matter how much you work or how much you make, just enjoy life. But if you do not have a high paying job and you want those things it is going to take a lot of work, or you could just marry money, its a lot easier that way, so I am told.

Comment

Working...
                                X