Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]715025[/ATTACH]

Comment

I wish the rain would let up so I could get out on mine. It would be cool to go out now with the water as high as it is. on Lewisville.

Comment

i decided to still go out even tho it was raining traded in the jeep an got mama a truck i took the car, but that aint gona stop me

the big one was prob 4 1/2 lbs had a 6lb jump n shake my hook, kinda knew it was going to happen with the weak hook set.
        i also recommend getting a water proof box normally dont take it but it was raining

Comment

Originally posted by Mjw195 View Post
          [ATTACH]715024[/ATTACH]
          Have you used this bucket "system" yet?

You might RETHINK that a little......sticking your hand in for a casting cork and pulling out a forearm full of treble hooks looks like a REAL PROBABILITY.

I mounted one of those magnetic bolt trays

to the cutting board of my DF mount. It isn't in the pic (added later).
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	24382465
          Last edited by Philip-TX; 05-24-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post

You might RETHINK that a little......sticking your hand in for a casting cork and pulling out a forearm full of treble hooks looks like a REAL PROBABILITY.

[ATTACH]715257[/ATTACH]

I have not, seemed good in theory. You do have a good idea though

Comment

this would be something to experience haha...

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post

[ATTACH]715257[/ATTACH]
                Thats what I thought too. I generally avoid treble hooks all together on the yak.

That tray is brilliant! Don't know how I haven't thought of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
                  Thats what I thought too. I generally avoid treble hooks all together on the yak.

There is also ways in which I have seen on TKF where you use "Earth magnets" which are really strong super glue or hot glue them to the bottom of the piece that you can remove to get access to you hull. Any ways you glue them underneath and if you toss something magnetic it holds it in place ontop If I can find it I will share pretty neat trick.

I have two yaks both just sitting in the garage, anyone have a system to hang them on the wall or a mobile platform they keep their yaks on?

Comment

Originally posted by Nado View Post
                    I have two yaks both just sitting in the garage, anyone have a system to hang them on the wall or a mobile platform they keep their yaks on?

Simple storage with components I already had.

Comment

I have a Jackson Big Tuna that I want to try and rig up a blind on for duck hunting. I have a few ideas from google. Anyone on the GS got a kayak based duck blind?

Comment

I have a Jackson Big Tuna that I want to try and rig up a blind on for duck hunting. I have a few ideas from google. Anyone on the GS got a kayak based duck blind?
                        I kayak duck hunt a decent amount and have pretty much quit hunting out of the kayak itself. I've made blinds with burlap, fabric, camo netting, etc., but now i mostly just make a little ground blind on the bank. Way easier, more comfortable and stable. Less is often more with kayak hunting, but YMMV.

Good luck! Its a blast when you have a good day and smoke the guys in 25k mud rigs. Not to say i don't want one, its just cool to realize you can kill plenty of ducks without a nice rig.

Comment

I had designed the bucket with managing my corks and leaders from getting tangled in mind. I have the leader wrapped up and bound with a bread tie. I had the lures in a Rubbermaid container at first then stuck them on the noodle thinking it would be easier. I think they will be going back in the Rubbermaid container.

Comment

I'm "hooked"

Comment

dude that seat looks NICE!

Comment

Had my first Kayak experience this past weekend while at my parents at Possum Kingdom. My dad recently bought a Hobie Pro Angler 14' Kayak and I really enjoyed cruising around while my 4 and 8yr old sat on the front/rear and fished for sandies up in Bluff Creek. Very enjoyable and relaxing

Comment

Working...
                                X