Livestock Show Season 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
    Austyn just sold her calf for $25/pound!
    That's unreal!! That sure gets a jump on some good ones next year.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just now saw this thread. Trey, I remember that red steer at New Braunfels. We knew as soon as he walked out he was going to win. My daughter didn’t do well at all with our steer. She’s had better results with her ag mech project. It’s a gate that won reserve grand at our local show. Crossing our fingers for SA in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
        That's unreal!! That sure gets a jump on some good ones next year.

You know how it goes!

Comment

440,000 for Grand in FW today. Was at the auction today, just reeked of money.

Comment

Grayson didn't do so well with his goat this year, but it was a super tough class he got put in. As soon as we walked the goats into the holding area, I texted the wife and said, well I don't think this is his year, there are some really nice goats over here.

Laigen tore her ACL the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so Grayson has basically had to raise her goats for her, and then she had some friends that raised them. She was able to go out and help feed them after a few weeks, but little brother really helped out with walking and drenching the goats. Luckily she had some really good friends that showed her goats for her. Her goats placed 3rd in both classes they were in. Her middle weight goat placed 3rd right behind the 2 girls who eventually placed Grand and Reserve, so she did make the sell. Unfortunate for her, she is having to share her winnings with her brother! lol

Laigen focused mainly on her ag mech project this year which was a dog kennel with barn doors. Had a buyer that we are going to build another kennel for with some modifications and we will be keeping the original one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Headed to SA poultry show this morning w broilers and turkeys. Anyone else going?

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                Headed to SA poultry show this morning w broilers and turkeys. Anyone else going?
                Not going until wave 2 of heifers next week, but Good Luck to the kiddo's

Comment

Flying trip down to San Angelo for the wether doe show, 36 hours door to door down there and back. Didn't get hardly any pictures. Judge kept looking at her pretty hard, but we ended up in the crying spot, judge took the other one over my daughters to round out the top 10. It is OK though. The doe never really was part of our plan this year she just fell in our lap so to speak. Pretty decent little girl, but had a few little issues that kept her out of the top. Both my daughter and the doe showed good though so we are happy. It was a new thing for us and a good learning experience.

Next stop will be San Antonio with the wether that got booted at Ft Worth. He is still looking good, we are hoping he can place good again.

Comment

Good day showing poultry in SA today. Boy finished 12th with broilers and 18th with turkey hen.

Comment

Made some steer money fo sure

Comment

How is SA going for everyone? Wave 1 steers showed today. Nathan was middle weight Simi and took a lap. Dang thing has really disappointed us the last two months. Fell apart on his wheels. Something we never saw coming. Thought the big red steer was done, but we're throwing everything we have at him the next three weeks and trying Austin.

Good luck to all those with shows ahead still!

Comment

My nephew (KP Cattle) has had a good run. He and his college roommate raise show steers and heifers and have done well this year. So far they’ve made the sale with most of their calves and had Champion ABC in Ft Worth & San Antonio with home grown calves. On to Houston next.

Comment

Waiting to unload now in SA.

Comment

Class 2 Red X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SALE was good to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X