No announcement yet.

College Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got crow to eat. Oh they'll never fire him. Texas will cover this up. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

College Hoops Thread

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      You got crow to eat. Oh they'll never fire him. Texas will cover this up. Lol.

I'll go back and look but i don't think that was my immediate take. Pretty sure i said he wouldn't be coaching again and that this was a bigger deal than some thought. I did have my doubts once they got ole girl to say it didn't happen, but ultimately i tip my hat to the UT President, NOT Del Conte, who stepped in and made the right call, given the facts. Was a little surprised they gave him the option to step down and he didn't, but to the VP of Legal Affairs point, Beard absolutely thought he would be back and ultimately didn't see the significance of the situation & his wrongdoing, per their words. Looking back, guess we lucked out to not have to deal with this gut punch and got paid $4m on top. [emoji6]

Edit: Tim Cowlishaw, DMN, nailed it in this top article. Second is informative as well but the letter exchanges with Beard's attorney...smh

Good for Rodney Terry. Good for Timmy Allen and Marcus Carr and the other veteran players on the Texas men’s basketball team. Good for athletic director Chris...

The minute that Chris Beard’s arrest affidavit became public, the Texas men’s basketball coach was on borrowed time. Wins didn’t matter. Neither did the...
      Last edited by Fmjag64; 01-06-2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

"made the right call given the facts" lol

Comment

Comment

Texas with a Win over the Pokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice win by the Horns. Defense showed up better today

Comment

I felt for a minute they were going to blow it.

Nice win on the road.

Comment

The ESPN list of top candidates for the next Texas head coach doesn't impress me.

Top 3:

Calipari
                  Drew
                  Samson

Give me Drew all day.

Comment

the Aggies looked pretty good tonight against LSU
                    Hope they can make a run and get to the dance would be nice
                    Think Buzz will get them there.

Comment

This Bread fiasco has taken the wind out of my fan sails. I was all fired up to see Beard talking more hoops on my screen while the wins piled up leading to a deep run into the tourney. Now I just don’t care even though success is still a possibility. Win or lose, I just can’t find the energy to care.

Hopefully I can rekindle my fandom but for now it feels like I’m in mourning for what could have been.

Crazy how it all went down but The University was left with only one option. They made the right call given the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        Hey pipe down… Red Raiders are about to be 0-4 in conference and March madness Hope’s are evaporating fast

Comment

**** Tech lost to OU?.....no wonder FMJag is awol....

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            This Bread fiasco has taken the wind out of my fan sails. I was all fired up to see Beard talking more hoops on my screen while the wins piled up leading to a deep run into the tourney. Now I just don’t care even though success is still a possibility. Win or lose, I just can’t find the energy to care.

Hopefully I can rekindle my fandom but for now it feels like I’m in mourning for what could have been.

Crazy how it all went down but The University was left with only one option. They made the right call given the circumstances.
                            I feel ya bro. Kinda.

I'm still on board this year just not fired up about the future.
                            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-08-2023, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Horns better get Barnes back

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                I feel ya bro. Kinda.

I'm still on board this year just not fired up about the future.
                                Maybe I need to go sit in the Moody Center and see if fan support creeps back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X