No announcement yet.

DIY Sausage Smokehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine almost finished, just need a few more hanging rods and to get some smoke going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That turned out nicely, good job! I bought StanR’s just like and am going to use it today for some jerky.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Mine are 13" from the top of one rack to the top of the one below it.

We cut the links to 19" and fold them in half to get them to easily slide into 11" vacuum bags sideways. Anything longer and its a PITA or a waste of bag space. 13" is more than enough to hang them and not touch the links above or below.

[ATTACH]934970[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]934971[/ATTACH]

Do you use steel rebar rods, or did you go stainless or aluminum? I ask because I like your idea of not tieing the sausage but instead hanging it upside down and I want to do the same. My only thing is I want to do it for dry sausage that will hang in there for a week to ten days while drying and im not sure if the rebar would have negative affects on the meat/casing as they have some surface rust? Maybe just sand them down and a thin coat of food grade oil is good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Do you use steel rebar rods, or did you go stainless or aluminum? I ask because I like your idea of not tieing the sausage but instead hanging it upside down and I want to do the same. My only thing is I want to do it for dry sausage that will hang in there for a week to ten days while drying and im not sure if the rebar would have negative affects on the meat/casing as they have some surface rust? Maybe just sand them down and a thin coat of food grade oil is good enough?

I would think aluminum would get pretty funky

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Steel rebar. Wiped them down with cooking oil once. Never had to do it again. The temp is not hot in my cold smoker, and I keep the rods stored inside my smoke house. Not sure how it would effect dry sausage

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sanders View Post
              Got mine almost finished, just need a few more hanging rods and to get some smoke going.

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Steel rebar. Wiped them down with cooking oil once. Never had to do it again. The temp is not hot in my cold smoker, and I keep the rods stored inside my smoke house. Not sure how it would effect dry sausage

Alright I will give this a shot. Im not hot smoking either so should be good.

Comment

ttt for sausage season

Comment

It's just about time.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
                      It's just about time.
                      I need to call Blake to order some bourdain spice, and this thread reminds me to do it but its usually past business hours when i think about it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a cool build. I want to make one soon.

Comment

2019 Sausage weekend done

HTDUCK, REDGUN and Gmann came over to make sausage this weekend.

275lbs done over 2 days. Jalepeno cheese, standard Czech, hunter sticks, summer sausage and bacon.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Astonishing!

Comment

Working...
                                X