• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockport house +188% in 2 years
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nemlo View Post
      I just did some work for a guy who is a manager on the McCoys professional desk. He said that the larger window company's sent out an email to their largest distributors stating that window production is at an 8 to the 12-month backlog. Sign of the times, I guess.
      No, they just cut back back production to keep profit margins up and blame it on the economy and no workforce. If everyone would just sit tight and quit paying blackmail it would correct itself pretty quick.

Comment

More work than they can keep up with is the issue. We have a major housing shortage and its simple supply and demand that is driving prices. Once supply catches up with demand prices will stabilize.

Comment

I disagree, it's a perfect round robin of everyone selling and upgrading. Interest rates being so low for so long created this IMHO. I wish we only knew what the debt load was for the average person.

Comment

Lumber market is falling off a cliff. It’s usually a good indicator of what’s to come in the housing market. Will be interesting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
              More work than they can keep up with is the issue. We have a major housing shortage and its simple supply and demand that is driving prices. Once supply catches up with demand prices will stabilize.
              when/if we sell our house we'll be looking to lease something in your area. Looks to be slim pickens though. I get mail weekly to buy my 10 acres in Burnet county though.

Comment

At what price?

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                  Lumber market is falling off a cliff. It’s usually a good indicator of what’s to come in the housing market. Will be interesting to watch.
                  This is what Im watching.....if the housing market goes, it all goes.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                    Let me start off by saying, this is just my opinion. I have been in Real Estate for 15 plus years and I have never seen raw real estate go down in value or price. Structures and stuff like that can decrease in value over time which in turn can decrease overall value of property, but raw Real Estate will not.

You just haven’t been it the business long enough if you haven’t seen land prices drop in value. They said the same thing in the late 70’s/early 80’s…then…check this graph and see what happened in the mid 80’s:

Data Series Description Rural land data is based on transactions provided by land market professionals in Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                      At what price?
                      the prices vary. from 100k to 163K

I am just finishing up a 30x40 shop, cost me 45K. property has a well on it.

not looking to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                        I disagree, it's a perfect round robin of everyone selling and upgrading. Interest rates being so low for so long created this IMHO. I wish we only knew what the debt load was for the average person.
                        I'm not sure on how much upgrading is going on unless they're taking on more debt.

Ex: I have some land, paid for, that I was planning on building on. My thought was to keep the same amount of debt I have plus equity in my current house (2000 sqft + 30x60 shop) and upgrade. This would put me in the ballpark of 360K-380K to spend.

Take 50k to build an equal shop and I now have 310k-330k.

At $180sqft (low end) I could build 1830sqft

At $220sqft (upper end) I can build 1500sqft

This is without having to buy land. Then you can knock quite a bit off of that even still for dirt/septic/elec. Not much of an upgrade other than the land (55 acres vs 7) unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                          Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          This is what Im watching.....if the housing market goes, it all goes.
                          Is there something specific you folks watch or just lumber futures?

Comment

My house went on market Saturday, 3 showings Sunday and 3 on Monday..
                            Under contract Monday evening $$$ over asking price. As i was signing the offer, another offer came in at full-asking price, which was 10K under what my realtor recommended I should list due to Market Analysis. Comp's went up 30K in three months in my area. Didn't even put a sign up or lock box on door.
                            located between Copperas Cove and Lampasas area..
                            20 year old house, 1997 sq ft, 3 bedroom 2 bath on an acre..

Market isn't slowing. But believe current interest rates may be knocking out first time buyers..
                            Once you go above 250k value you have a limited pool of buyers in my area. And, people are selling in Austin, Georgetown, Round Rock and moving up to this area to escape high taxes and they're commuting to work or work remotely. And, they're leaving Killeen due to crime..
                            Last edited by rossn2; 05-19-2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

tag

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Raw Real Estate went down in the 2008/2009 financial crisis.
                                This is the future. IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X