No announcement yet.

Future Real Estate Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the middle of a build right now. I was kind of on the fence myself. Build now while supplies are up but interest rates are crazy good or take the chance and wait for prices to go down but interest to go up. I figured I’ll be paying interest for the next 30 years so I should prob take advantage of it. That being said, I’ve got money from my last house sitting in the bank. I’m hoping for a downturn in the real estate market so I can jump on a couple rental properties!

Comment

I’ve been in the business for almost 20 years. Prices can come down or stay flat and if interest rates go up you’ll still end up paying more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Single ownership of property in today's world is becoming too expensive and burdensome.

Comment

I hope land value stays high, we live between Round Top and La Grange and seriously looking at selling soon. Just trying to get our ducks all in a row. Lol

Comment

This thread started over a year ago, and prices have gone up 15-25%. Rarely is it a benefit to wait when it comes to Real Estate.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              This thread started over a year ago, and prices have gone up 15-25%. Rarely is it a benefit to wait when it comes to Real Estate.
              This is true.

But from right where we sit now it's a toss up. All depends on if the FED actually raises rates 2-3 more times to slow inflation. If they do then prices will fall. Maybe not below when this thread was started though.
              If they don't raise inflation is here to stay and you'll wish you bought a year ago for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                This is true.

But from right where we sit now it's a toss up. All depends on if the FED actually raises rates 2-3 more times to slow inflation. If they do then prices will fall. Maybe not below when this thread was started though.
                If they don't raise inflation is here to stay and you'll wish you bought a year ago for sure.

Each time the rates go up a basket of marginal buyers are taken out of the market. Less buyers mean flat to dropping prices. I have divested myself of all real estate (last property is under contract) other than my home. I have made an absolute killing on each property so I’m happy to stuff that cash away for now.

I’ll be looking to pick up properties or equities again once the feds get through shaking the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My house went on the market last Friday in the Austin area. No interest so far. Maybe things are cooling off around central texas.

Travis county raised my appraised value by about 120% this year. Good thing my over 65 exemption kicks in.

Comment

^dang I’ve heard of 20% to 75% but 120%.. wow!

Comment

I own several properties that are paid for an ag exempt that will be my daughter's in 15 years or so. That's her retirement so she doesn't have to worry as she's an only child.

I don't see land prices going down much and for very long as unsustainable as it might seem. All cities are fighting for growth that they can't sustain.

Comment

I bought 10 acres in Burnet county almost 3 years ago. I get offers in the mail to purchase the property about once a week.

Plan is to build out there once we retire.

Comment

i get the same offers which are about 1/5 0f what it's worth. I guess they find a dumbass once in a while cause the postage has to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaunch View Post
                            ^dang I’ve heard of 20% to 75% but 120%.. wow!
                            I crunched the numbers and was off. 442 to 905K so it was about 105% still crazy high increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                              i get the same offers which are about 1/5 0f what it's worth. I guess they find a dumbass once in a while cause the postage has to kill them.
                              I get these all the time. They use the Tax office for parcels they want to buy. They also offer about 20% of todays market price. In the trash before I finish reading it.

Comment

I just did some work for a guy who is a manager on the McCoys professional desk. He said that the larger window company's sent out an email to their largest distributors stating that window production is at an 8 to the 12-month backlog. Sign of the times, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X