Traveling with a 64" Longbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the things I like about both my Bob Lee's is that they are takedowns. Super easy to travel with.

Looking at a 1-piece 66" Omega Huntsman longbow to play with.

Too long to lay on the backseat! How do you travel (in a car) with a bow that long and not end up with limb twist or such other damage?

When I shot 1pc bows, I would either put them in the front seat with one end on the floor and the other end up over the seat towards the back, or just lay it on top of whatever was in the back seat at an angle so it would fit in. That’s pretty much the only options for a car. If you have a pickup with some sort of cover on the bed, you can lay them in the bed. If you unstring a longbow, you won’t have to worry about twist.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-16-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Friend of mine had his ide in Trad bow Magazine. Clothes hanger and two rubber twist ties.
      Attached Files

Comment

I refuse to shoot a bow longer than I am tall.[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

heck, that would only exempt me from the big Japanese longbows! 78" + bows would be a bit ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

A fishing rod tube works to protect one nicely when hauling around foam in the ends and foam doughnuts around it. I have seen that used to travel with long bows by truck, car and plane.

Comment

Even with my 71” longbow I can manage to tuck it behind the seat of my single cab pickup diagonally. Kmon has a nice idea with the tube, I may need to rig something up with some pvc pipe so I could lay them in the bed. It would definitely help when I’m bringing multiple long bows to a shoot!

Luke

Comment

Since my Tundra died and untimely death I bought a RAV4. I just drop the back seats and have plenty of room for my 70" 1 piece longbow.

Comment

Working...
                X