Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26" steel

Comment

Tomorrow is the cut-off to place your rifle order

psa

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        How to participate:

Ordering period will open @10:00am on Tuesday, Jan 29th and close at 6:00pm on Friday, Feb 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

psa
          Feb 15th is the cut off. You're a week early...

Comment

psa
            Post #2 says Friday, Feb 15th. Did something change? Don't scare me!

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
              Hopefully the 15th is right...

Comment

I ordered a 24" Proof, .22 Creedmoor. I guess I'll be the TBH guinea pig on this one....

I will be shooting it suppressed, "can" is still in Government jail, should be here about the time my rifle is ready.

Scope and rings ordered yesterday , in transit,

Have brass and custom Redding Dies here, 1000 Federal 205 Match

Now just try and forget about it
                You and me both, I went 22". Kinda worried I went too short but trying to keep it handy since I'll have a can on it 100% of the time. There's a ton of guys shooting 22 creedmoor and have been the last couple years. This past year it's really taken off for the predator hunting crowd, a few of my friends shoot it.
                What twist did you go with?
                Last edited by keatonskidmore; 02-07-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

7 twist

Comment

Ordered my .300 Win Mag today!! Can’t wait to get it on the range!!!

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                      You and me both, I went 22". Kinda worried I went too short but trying to keep it handy since I'll have a can on it 100% of the time. There's a ton of guys shooting 22 creedmoor and have been the last couple years. This past year it's really taken off for the predator hunting crowd, a few of my friends shoot it.
                      What twist did you go with?
                      This is true. I run 7.7 twist bartlein. Loves 75gr pills and have some 60 gr v Max’s loaded that shoot well also but shoot the 75s religiously. It’s hell on all south Texas animals. And fun to to ring steel at distance. You’re gunna love yours.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                        This is true. I run 7.7 twist bartlein. Loves 75gr pills and have some 60 gr v Max’s loaded that shoot well also but shoot the 75s religiously. It’s hell on all south Texas animals. And fun to to ring steel at distance. You’re gunna love yours.

Been wanting one for awhile but couldn’t make myself drop the money. Couldn’t pass up this deal on one though. 75s are what I’m wanting to shoot with it or maybe the 80.5 Berger’s I hear a lot of good things about.
                        What barrel length are you running?

Comment

I had heavily considered the 22 creed for a while now. But went with a tier 1, 6mm creed. Will be a coyote calling rifle as well as a deer gun. Not that the 22 wouldn't handle those as well. I went with the 6 for the ability to purchase good factory ammo.
                          I reload but with 2 little girls in the house i don't get as much time to reload as i used to.

I love the 22-250 as well as the 243 so both creed variations intrigue me. Just thought in my situation and maybe a bit more versatility, the 6 fits my needs better.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                            Been wanting one for awhile but couldn’t make myself drop the money. Couldn’t pass up this deal on one though. 75s are what I’m wanting to shoot with it or maybe the 80.5 Berger’s I hear a lot of good things about.
                            What barrel length are you running?
                            I’m
                            Running a 26” barrel with 75s averaging 3640. To me to get full potential of this caliber you want a 24” or better. But I chase speed. Shot it suppressed the other day. Even though it looked like a musket it felt good. I use mine for predator hunting with deer and other things mixed.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                              I’m

Running a 26” barrel with 75s averaging 3640. To me to get full potential of this caliber you want a 24” or better. But I chase speed. Shot it suppressed the other day. Even though it looked like a musket it felt good. I use mine for predator hunting with deer and other things mixed.

Yeah I might see about seeing if I can change to 24”. I have a buddy with a 18” and it’s not losing too much speed. I’d think with 22” I could lean on it and squeeze out 3350-3400 with 75s.
                              Like you, I’ll be using it mainly for predator hunting and occasionally deer and hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                                I had heavily considered the 22 creed for a while now. But went with a tier 1, 6mm creed. Will be a coyote calling rifle as well as a deer gun. Not that the 22 wouldn't handle those as well. I went with the 6 for the ability to purchase good factory ammo.

I reload but with 2 little girls in the house i don't get as much time to reload as i used to.

I love the 22-250 as well as the 243 so both creed variations intrigue me. Just thought in my situation and maybe a bit more versatility, the 6 fits my needs better.

Hornady should be offering ammo by next year they say. You won’t be disappointed with the 6 creed though.

Comment

Working...
                                X