Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    I concur.

We don't have a health insurance problem. We have a health care cost problem.
    This could be a chicken before the egg situation. I think the health care costs are where they are mainly due to health insurance and malpractice suits. They can charge what they do because the insurance companies pay it. Malpractice suits mean the Medical Providers need insurance, which costs $$ which drives the costs of services up. Malpractice insurance mean more lawsuits as those companies pay, etc... Its a spiraling situation of mass proportions.

Comment

We are caught in the middle of the healthcare industry and the insurance industry, both wanting to make huge profits from us.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
        This could be a chicken before the egg situation. I think the health care costs are where they are mainly due to health insurance...
        That is a good point.
        When my daughter broke her back doing gymnastics they prescribed her a TENS unit. It sent electrical current through the injury site.

I asked how much it cost. The lady said $15,000 if insurance covers it. If insurance doesn't cover it it's $750.

That was 7 or 8 years ago. Now the units can be had from Amazon for $17(I just Googled it).

Comment

This is why I wear snake guards
          https://turtleskin.com

Comment

Working...
          X