No announcement yet.

Hunting Boots - Your Preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a pair of Irish Setter's that zipped up the side probably 12-13yrs ago and they are still my go to pair. I thought about getting a new pair but I can't find the zip up ones anywhere.

Comment

i did a ton of hiking in new mexico and used Under Armour fat tire hiking boots... Felt just like wearing tennis shoes. Unbelievably comfortable.

Comment

I use Justin Snakeboots with zipper on side. Justins tend to fit my foot perfect. I use them mostly for being able to walk through all pokey, thorny vegetation.

Comment

I bought a pair of Crispi Laponias for a pronghorn hunt. I put 34 miles on them in 4 days, they’re comfortable as can be. Non isulated and goretex waterproofing. I think they were around $225.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slim79x View Post
            2nd on the Irish Setters. I have a pair of the uninsulated Vaprtreks and I absolutely love them. Most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned at $150. Waterproof, lightweight, and durable. I've got 500-600 miles logged on my current pair and just slapped a new insole in them and they're like a brand new boot again. I'll probably get another couple hundred miles on them before the tread wears off.
            Academy has the Vaprtreks on sale right now for $100, online only.

Comment

I either wear muck boots or chippewas. I dont really hunt where its dry and cold at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTexBow92 View Post
                Looking for recommendation on hunting boots. My personal preferences are as follows.
                1. Not pull on rubber style, looking for lace up or lace/zipper combo etc
                2. Don’t have to be 100% waterproof, but is a nice feature
                3. I’d like to spend $200 or less.

Drop your recommendations for me!
                What and where you hunting? Everyone on here is gonna recommend the boots they wear.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  This is what I wear. I dont like traditional boots because I have a hard time being quiet. I use to still hunt in tennis shoes...
                  X3... you really should try these out.

Comment

Twisted x mocs

I don’t need a special pair of shoes to walk to the blind.

Comment

I wear Merrell ankle high hiking shoes.

Comment

for most sits I wear tennis shoes. If I am going to be doing a lo of walking I put on some leather boots or hiking shoes.

Comment

I have some 6" Danner Pronghorns uninsulated Gore Tex that I wear for most of my Texas hunting. I have a pair of Crispi Wyoming's that I bought for my elk hunt last year also uninsulated/waterproof.

I run hot, so insulated boots are always bad for me here. I just change my sock lineup depending on temperature. I was good down to 15 degrees in Colorado with the Wyomings.

Comment

when I was a beginner I usually use tennis shoes. Now I used rubber hunting boots which provide me ease of comfort.

Comment

Meindhls are great boots to look at but on upper price end

Comment

What kind of hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X