What happened to the crossbow thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the crossbow thread?

I came back to look a few days later and poof! Did it get ugly?

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    I came back to look a few days later and poof! Did it get ugly?
    Yeah too many people worry about how others hunt deer. Some people just can't grasp if the TPWD says it's legal during archery season, then it's legal.

Comment

I talked to an administrator and they removed it.

Comment

who really cares how anyone hunts as long as its legal and we get more people in the woods.

Comment

Amen Brother.

Comment

The old saying goes" he who stirs the sh@! pot, licks the spoon"

Comment

:d:d:d

Comment

I bet over half the members here are gun hunters ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                  who really cares how anyone hunts as long as its legal and we get more people in the woods.
                  Agreed. I've been bowhunting for 32 yrs and this year I might not get to because of my shoulders and elbows. The work that I do has taken a toll on my body. I really don't care what people think but I might have to hang up the Mathews and go to crossbow. Because I can't see myself not getting out there during bow season. I'll never be the one that complains how someone chases the game they love and how they do it.

Comment

Agreed. I grew up in Mississippi. People there have looked down on Texas hunters for decades for baiting while they herded deer with beagles. They're very publicly fighting over legalizing and then expanding supplemental feed. If it's legal, then it's legal. There are plenty of nonhunters who'd love to see us berate and accuse each other to extinction. We should just be happy that people will commit to the outdoors. Nobody does more for conservation than hunters, and that includes hunters of a lot of different types of game and methods.
                    Last edited by HouCav; 08-07-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Yeah too many people worry about how others hunt deer. Some people just can't grasp if the TPWD says it's legal during archery season, then it's legal.
                      How dare you not want to get into someone else's business and tell them your elite opinions

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        TPWD also contradicts itself in saying that for the only 3 Archery only counties, crossbows are not allowed..except for those with a disability.

My (Along with others on the opposite side of the discussion) argument wasn't about judging, or how someone hunts. Hunt with your thumb, your foot, a spear, no one cares!!! - as long as it's legal

The argument was whether or not it was Archery or not.

Comment

And half the people who complain about crossbow hunting are prolly sittin on the couch most of the season and have nothing better to do than stir the pot! I use a compound but who cares what it’s killed with if it’s legal

Comment

Originally posted by HouCav View Post
                            Agreed. I grew up in Mississippi. People there have looked down on Texas hunters for decades for baiting while they herded deer with beagles. They're very publicly fighting over legalizing and then expanding supplemental feed. If it's legal, then it's legal. There are plenty of nonhunters who'd love to see us berate and accuse each other to extinction. We should just be happy that people will commit to the outdoors. Nobody does more for conservation than hunters, and that includes hunters of a lot of different types of game and methods.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                              TPWD also contradicts itself in saying that for the only 3 Archery only counties, crossbows are not allowed..except for those with a disability.

My (Along with others on the opposite side of the discussion) argument wasn't about judging, or how someone hunts. Hunt with your thumb, your foot, a spear, no one cares!!! - as long as it's legal

The argument was whether or not it was Archery or not.
                              And again, TPWD says it is legal in my counties during archery season so apparently it is considered archery equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X