• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could get picked instead of being told when to show up

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
      For some reason, when I mention having been prior LEO I never get picked.
      Thank you for upholding the law and your convictions.
      And you never will; I've been there and had to go through the motions several times too.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I wish I could get picked instead of being told when to show up
      This is how I felt. I'd truly like to sit on one or two, but now I'm exempt by age and glad I don't have to go through "show up" for nothing stuff anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Thank you for serving on a jury and thank you for those words. You add respect and honor to the process.
        X2!!

Thanks for serving and for sharing. More people need to service, but unfortunately many don't want the responsibility.

Comment

Thank you for doing your civic duty sir

5 years ago I was on a jury for a guy that committed the worst type of crime on society. We deliberated for less than 10 minutes, and the judge gave him 60 years.

Comment

I’m 55 and last week finished only my 2nd jury service. We sent a 32 year old
            Man to prison for 45 years for continuous sexual assault of a minor. (Which turned out to be his 6 year old daughter). Very sick man and was hard to listen to the little girl who is now 9 get on the stand and say what he did to her on several occasions. After the trial the judge spoke to us and said this was his second trial for this charge the first one ended in a hung jury. We also found out he is also up on the same charge for his other daughter as well. I wished after all that we had gave him life which was an option. We had a retired correctional officer on the jury and he said this guy won’t make it inside there very long.

Comment

I’ve been called many times, never been picked to serve on a jury.
              Thought I might get picked last year and was asked if I supported the police. I said 100% and I was let go after that round.

Comment

I've been called in several times over the years, but only picked one time. We got instructions from the judge and then took a 10 minute break before starting. Came back in and they had settled out of court. A lady was suing Firestone tires. Her husband had a set of tires put on his car and one blew out on the way home from getting them. He died in the accident. All the other times, during the selection process they would ask if I drank. When I answered YES, they skipped over me.

Comment

The last jury trial I served on my nephew was the defendant. I thought they would excuse me but they didn't. He allegedly stopped too close to a railroad crossing. He was found not guilty.

Comment

Working...
                  X