Jury duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    Protecting our society isn't an easy thing to do. Thanks for doing it.
    Ditto.........................

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      I enjoyed jury duty. Got called up once and was picked. It was a great experience and would gladly do it again.
      Thank you for serving. We need more upstanding citizens that are willing to serve.
      I am not against serving. this was a sexual assault on a child case. The details made my stomach turn and the dad in me pretty ******

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
        I am not against serving. this was a sexual assault on a child case. The details made my stomach turn and the dad in me pretty ******

Should have sent him to Jesus instead of prison. He might get sent to Jesus from prison though.

Comment

Thank you for your willingness to serve. Some years ago I served on a jury like the one you were on. Unfortunately we ended up with a hung jury (11 to convict, 1 couldn't get beyond the "shadow of a doubt" concept). Found out later the scumbag was re-tried and found guilty.

Comment

That’s a rough one for sure. You did a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              Should have sent him to Jesus instead of prison. He might get sent to Jesus from prison though.
              That was not an option. He may get some of his own treatment in the pen though

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Thank you for your willingness to serve. Some years ago I served on a jury like the one you were on. Unfortunately we ended up with a hung jury (11 to convict, 1 couldn't get beyond the "shadow of a doubt" concept). Found out later the scumbag was re-tried and found guilty.
                We had that same problem for a while. She finally came around

Comment

Thank you for serving, especially on such a hideous offence.

I went through Jury selection on a similar case and was not picked. During the process they let us know it was a sexual assault case against a minor. Just hearing that and even now makes my stomach turn.

Comment

I've been called twice and picked once. Capital murder trial. Kid killed his pregnant girlfriend to keep his parents from finding out he got her pregnant. Judge gave him life in prison. It was tough, but I was glad I did it.

Comment

For some reason, when I mention having been prior LEO I never get picked.
                      Thank you for upholding the law and your convictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                        Robert Allen case?

Was that the guy that was murdered inside his plumbing store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jury duty can be painful, but we should all be honored to serve. Even on small/minor cases.

Comment

Thank you for serving

Comment

That was not an option. He may get some of his own treatment in the pen though
                              I've heard there is a lot of truth to this by friends and neighbors who work in at the prison in Beaumont... They get a whole lot of their own treatment, or get put in isolation to avoid it. They say the isolation overtime is just as bad on the guys as it is getting paid back by other inmates. They say it doesn't matter what you're in there for, everyone hates someone who hurts kids.

Comment

I take great pride in fulfilling my jury duty service. Lots of folks do their best to get out of it. My feeling is that if I was ever in that unfortunate situation, I'd want people like me on the jury.

It's not easy, but thank you for stepping up.

Comment

Working...
                                X