No announcement yet.

corn 50lbs bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to stay legal then look at the sticker on the door jamb that has the tire i formation on it. Typically this is where you find the payload capacity. It is not near as much as you think it would be. My friends f150 is only 1300 lbs and you have to subtract your weight and any other contents you have from this number. You will find out you hit that number pretty quick. Now will it handle a lot more than that? Absolutely but I am not sure when it starts to get out of control at highway speeds.

Below is the picture of the sticker I am talking about. The 1383 number is the payload.
    Attached Files

Comment

If it’s a Tundra at least 2 pallets in bed and pulling SxS on trailer.

Comment

Chevy 1500 2 pallets tailgate down
        Probably will not do that again. It felt like ice on road.

Had to pull a 11klb skidsteer on tandem 7klb axels once also.
        Probably will not do that again. No brakes!!!

Just like pulling these big 5th wheels on single axle diesels.
        Probably will not do that again. If rear truck tire blows hold on. That's what 4 tires in the rear are for

Can it be done yes SAFE NOOO!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

One of the guys brought out a pallet in the bed of his Ram 1500 last weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            If you want to stay legal then look at the sticker on the door jamb that has the tire i formation on it. Typically this is where you find the payload capacity. It is not near as much as you think it would be. My friends f150 is only 1300 lbs and you have to subtract your weight and any other contents you have from this number. You will find out you hit that number pretty quick. Now will it handle a lot more than that? Absolutely but I am not sure when it starts to get out of control at highway speeds.

Below is the picture of the sticker I am talking about. The 1383 number is the payload.

Yes and the tires are nowhere rated for what some people claim to be hauling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are we talking putting bags inside the cab and strapping some on the roof????

Comment

If you drive a Ford don’t worry about how many..... It’ll handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I’ve hauled a pallet (40 bags) of corn many times in my F150. Don’t be skeered
                  I have done the same with my Silverado

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Yes and the tires are nowhere rated for what some people claim to be hauling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Agreed. That payload number is not limited by the tires in most instances but yes not only would people be over on their payload capacity but over on their tire rating also if what they are saying is accurate.

Comment

Man I way overload my tundra w a pallet
                      I put airbags in rear tho..still wont change the rated capacity
                      It does fine also have load e tires

Comment

I've hauled 20 in my Tahoe several times

Comment

Depending what model/trim you’ve got, the payload range goes anywhere from 20 all the way up to 40 bags.. I figure regardless you’re good for 30.

Comment

If it is a ford, don't worry about it a Chevy will have to pull you there anyway.

Comment

We hauled 50 bags in a half ton last weekend.

Comment

Only in Texas is this a legitimate question. Well, maybe a few other states.

Comment

Working...
                                X