Incredible Genetics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
    He died at 9.5 years old, just about 6 months ago. We think he had a stroke or something, he was in quarantine for a whole because he had a hard time walking. Stroke symptoms.

Don't ya just loooove hateraide???

Comment

Another big 2 year old

Here is another big 2 year old. Unbelievable
      Attached Files

Comment

My uncle goes to some place in Missouri every year and kills GIANTS. Forgot the name of the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
          Not a fan of man-made breeder.
          Made from $$$$$$$

Big ego game, how much do you have

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
            I know most these breeders are doing work with genetics and nutrition but have some form of steroids come in to play yet (performance enhancing drugs)?

Not referring to whether people think it's right or wrong!!!! Just curious if someone's developed a buck Anabol or does something like this even work on deer?
            Steroids DO NOT grow antlers in any fashion, any time, ever. Age, breeding, and nutrition...period. No steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
              Steroids DO NOT grow antlers in any fashion, any time, ever. Age, breeding, and nutrition...period. No steroids.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Made from $$$$$$$

Or some of us just like big antlers. I can't speak for everyone but $$$ has got nothing to do with it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Made from $$$$$$$

I sometimes wonder if these comments are out of jealousy or not being able to afford some of these hunts. I know lots of these deer breeders and most that I know have no ego and just want to grow big deer. They don't really advertise or get in to the penis measuring contests. Most of my hunts are total free range or low fence. That being said, I have hunted plenty behind a fence and have had a great time doing it. Growing big deer is just like other sports and hobbies. Costs big money to make cars go fast, own horses that run fast, Bulls that grow big or buck, stock lakes and streams with fish, etc, etc, etc........

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    I sometimes wonder if these comments are out of jealousy or not being able to afford some of these hunts. I know lots of these deer breeders and most that I know have no ego and just want to grow big deer. They don't really advertise or get in to the penis measuring contests. Most of my hunts are total free range or low fence. That being said, I have hunted plenty behind a fence and have had a great time doing it. Growing big deer is just like other sports and hobbies. Costs big money to make cars go fast, own horses that run fast, Bulls that grow big or buck, stock lakes and streams with fish, etc, etc, etc........
                    The OP thinks he's extremely clever. He posts stuff like this and watches all of you end up at each other's throats. He's been banned for being too slow to understand that people see through it and are tired of it. Apparently his time in the cooler wasn't long enough. If he keeps it up he's probably going to need a bigger jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      The OP thinks he's extremely clever. He posts stuff like this and watches all of you end up at each other's throats. He's been banned for being too slow to understand that people see through it and are tired of it. Apparently his time in the cooler wasn't long enough. If he keeps it up he's probably going to need a bigger jacket.
                      Right on the money and Double to you sir!

Comment

And here I was just excited to look at a big deer.... So naive of me

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                          It is quite obvious you don't know Jason. Does he like to prod some folks ? Yes. But the man loves to look at big deer too. He's not the only one. There are several of us that have the same mindset. So why do some folks get all butthurt when he post a thread about something that many of us like to see ? If you don't agree with it, just move on along. It is really that simple.

Some folks around here can't let it go though.....

Comment

Well all know Jason is the TBH drama queen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
                              I'd like to see what a deer like this does the following year on low fence area. How much would he score then.
                              There are a few things that help produce these types of deer. First and foremost, it's genetics......and years of stacking/lining "consistent" genetic lineages. As much as many would like to think......you can't "buy" 10-20 years worth of trial and error. Secondly, you must remove "stress" from the environment. Some breeder bucks are grown in 10 acre wooded enclosures, but all of the stress is removed. The buck has limited competition for food and water and virtually no threat from predators. Contrary to popular belief, most of these deer eat the same brand protein we use in the pasture.....but the pellet is designed to be a total dietary ration.....not just protein.

We have released 3 year olds for our youth-handicapped hunts. The following year, most of these bucks drop 20-30 inches. This is due to the introduction of STRESS, competition for habitat, competition for does, competition with exotic species, and the introduction of predators. Also, you are less likely to control how much protein the animal chooses to eat in the pasture....vs natural forage. However, AFTER the following year....the deer generally makes a nice jump up again and often times reaches the level it was at when it was released.

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
                                It is quite obvious you don't know Jason. Does he like to prod some folks ? Yes. But the man loves to look at big deer too. He's not the only one. There are several of us that have the same mindset. So why do some folks get all butthurt when he post a thread about something that many of us like to see ? If you don't agree with it, just move on along. It is really that simple.

Some folks around here can't let it go though.....
                                I would simply refer to this as a "sattelite Troll"... Not the big troll himself, but a little one cheering him on. Usually there are several egging the big one on. You remove the big one and they scatter to the winds, usually never getting big enough to be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X